Just Days Away From the Band

I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday, April 10th. ...And I'm nervous, excited, scared... all rolled into one.

I barely slept on Saturday night and woke up a lot last night. I can't wait to begin my 'downward trend'.

Hmmm... need to start planning a new summer wardrobe.

=D> ><' ><'

Haha me too, I'm already excited about all the adorable clothes I get to wear. I was banded on the third and like you was so nervous and excited couldn't stand it. But let me tell you everything was amazing, the staff at the OCC were all incredible. The nurses and doctors were totally understanding and kind. They even helped me through my fear of needles during pre-op haha. Let me be the first to put your mind at ease and assure you that you are in excellent hands and everything will be perfect. Good luck and can't wait for you to join the club band!

I'm scheduled for surgery on Thursday, April 10th. ...And I'm nervous, excited, scared... all rolled into one.

I barely slept on Saturday night and woke up a lot last night. I can't wait to begin my 'downward trend'.

Hmmm... need to start planning a new summer wardrobe.

=D> ><' ><'

Hey Denise, you will do great..you have been waiting for this all of your life..and just think it's just days away...email me before you go and let me know when you get back and how things went ok? All the best, take care, Cathy

Good luck to all of you! It will be wonderful! ><'

hey red, i was just banded a few hours ago. her occ. soooo easy. dr ortiz is sooooo hot. when we got hear this am, we went through all the channell: dentist did her exam, then the pulonary/heart/ekg, dr did his thing. then the nutritionist went over several things with me. You know, all the do and don'ts then she measured my height and weight. you're going to like her scales. i thought i had lost 11 pounds and eventhough i ate some fantastic mexican food twice, i thought i was doomed. however, i had lost 4 more #, so pre op weight i had lost 15#. there was one lady who had only lost 1/2 of required weight. they still did everything.

right now, i have done some walking eaten a few popsicles, drank some juice and all i fill is a fullness like i ate a large something and it is stuck in my gut. no pain here. one girl even went back to the hotel not long ago.

i can say i really did not know much about the operating room. but don't worry about a thing down here...

talk with you soon,

reneej ><'

Hey Denise, you will do great..you have been waiting for this all of your life..and just think it's just days away...email me before you go and let me know when you get back and how things went ok? All the best, take care, Cathy

Thanks Cathy. I appreciate all your kind words and I love reading your emails. I'll be in your corner supporting you when the time comes.

Cheers!!

hey red, i was just banded a few hours ago. her occ. soooo easy. dr ortiz is sooooo hot. when we got hear this am, we went through all the channell: dentist did her exam, then the pulonary/heart/ekg, dr did his thing. then the nutritionist went over several things with me. You know, all the do and don'ts then she measured my height and weight. you're going to like her scales. i thought i had lost 11 pounds and eventhough i ate some fantastic mexican food twice, i thought i was doomed. however, i had lost 4 more #, so pre op weight i had lost 15#. there was one lady who had only lost 1/2 of required weight. they still did everything.

right now, i have done some walking eaten a few popsicles, drank some juice and all i fill is a fullness like i ate a large something and it is stuck in my gut. no pain here. one girl even went back to the hotel not long ago.

i can say i really did not know much about the operating room. but don't worry about a thing down here...

talk with you soon,

reneej ><'

Thanks Reneej,

I'm glad to hear everything went good for you and the hospital was as wonderful as we have been hearing.

I wish we could have met but you'll be gone just as I'm arriving. Stay in touch. Enjoy the popsicles.

Denise

Hey Denise,

I am so excited for you, I know how much anticipation goes into those last few days... Are you going to take any "before" pictures so you'll have a record of how far you make it on that "downward trend" lol love that line! Best of luck sweetie, let us know how things go!