Free Lap Band Patient Handbook

This is a great handbook for those interested in educating themselves on the lap band.

It looks like this was something that surgeons used to give out after (or possibly before) surgery, it's basically like an owner's manual.. lol

It's in PDF format and only 21pages so you can print it off and pass it along to any friends or family members who want to learn more about the lapband...

Or just read it yourself if you're like me and you want to learn everything you can about the band!!

Here's a link to the file: http://mamamichellelv.files.wordpress.com/...patientbook.pdf

Enjoy!

Here's the first page of text so you know it's worth a look:

MORBID OBESITY AND THE LAP-BAND SYSTEM

In America, obesity is a leading cause of preventable death. As such, it is a major

public health challenge. Millions of adults are overweight or obese. Because they are,

they have a greater risk for health problems, such as:

° high blood pressure

° heart disease

° type 2 diabetes

° sleep apnea

° respiratory problems

The BioEnterics LAP-BAND System can help you achieve your goal of sustained

weight loss. Combined with diet and a behavior modification program, it offers a

chance to reduce your weight and the health risks associated with obesity.

The LAP-BAND System is not a miracle cure. It is a tool to lose weight. Not everyone

will lose weight or keep it off. To get the long-lasting weight-loss results you want,

you will need to work at it.

The purpose of this booklet is to give you the following information about the

LAP-BAND System:

° how it works

° what its benefits are

° what its potential risks and complications might be

This booklet also covers topics such as

° obesity

° related health risks

° surgical and non-surgical options to treat obesity

° eating habits

° frequently asked questions about the LAP-BAND System

GM Michelle,

I'm printing out the booklet right now - thanks! This is good to own and refer back to at times. I am trying to dowload or however it works, the ticker factory weight gizmo, but I don't know how to do it. Can you help?

Thanks, Helen ><'

GM Michelle,

I'm printing out the booklet right now - thanks! This is good to own and refer back to at times. I am trying to dowload or however it works, the ticker factory weight gizmo, but I don't know how to do it. Can you help?

Thanks, Helen ><'

Glad you found it useful!!

Here's a link that explains how to post a ticker: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5317 Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!

Wow, Great book. It actually scared me and made me think whether this is something I am willing to go through for the kind of results they are talking about. In their studies 10% of people only lost 75% of their access weight, and 5% gained. Those numbers don't seem really high considering the possible risks. I also have to accept the fact that I will have to go back at some point and have something adjusted or removed, and of course that will cost money.

I haven't given up yet. I'll keep being inspired by everyone's success stories and keep researching.

sue

Wow, Great book. It actually scared me and made me think whether this is something I am willing to go through for the kind of results they are talking about. In their studies 10% of people only lost 75% of their access weight, and 5% gained. Those numbers don't seem really high considering the possible risks. I also have to accept the fact that I will have to go back at some point and have something adjusted or removed, and of course that will cost money.

I haven't given up yet. I'll keep being inspired by everyone's success stories and keep researching.

sue

I have always wondered about studies like that, I mean my goal is 130 but honestly I don't know if I will be able to get under 145... Yet for my height 5'4 the recommended weight is 121 or something crazy.

So if I started at 247 and 121 is supposed to be my goal then my excess weight would be 126lbs, now 75% of that is 95 lbs which would put me at 153lbs. So if I ONLY lost 75% it's only 8lbs less than what I assume I will be able to get to and that is fine with me.

One thing I also wanted to say was that book was published back in 2003 I believe, so the research from back then has changed a lot from what is out there now... I'm sure you can look up some more current stats if you Google "Lap Band Success Studies" (or something similar)