Day 21 and real food!

Well, after my painful episode yesterday, I was afraid to try real food this morning. I haven't been to the store yet, so I scrambled an egg and added some finely chopped tomato and mushrooms, chopped up half of a banana, and 1/4 piece of very dry toast. I was able to eat the egg and tomato in tiny little bites, had some banana bits, and some tiny bites of the toast crust. Everything went down fine, which was a huge relief.

The birds and dogs got a nice little treat from the leftovers that I didn't eat.

Onward to the store to buy some shaved deli meat.

Woo hoo! I'll bet it feels great to eat again!

I'm still afraid to eat real food (I've been eating 1,000 calories or LESS, and I managed to somehow GAIN a pound instead of losing anything this week), so I had another EAS shake this morning.

Good going! I can't wait..only 10 more days. LOL

Woo hoo! I'll bet it feels great to eat again!

I'm still afraid to eat real food (I've been eating 1,000 calories or LESS, and I managed to somehow GAIN a pound instead of losing anything this week), so I had another EAS shake this morning.

Could be that you had something salty or are about to have your monthly visitor. Don't be discouraged.

Could be that you had something salty or are about to have your monthly visitor. Don't be discouraged.

The visitor came and left last week... with no change at all to my weight (I thought I'd drop some water weight, but nooooooooooooo! LOL!)

I really don't understand how it is physically possible to eat/drink so little and GAIN a pound. Very strange indeed. ;-)

I'm not letting it get me down though. I've dropped lots of weight lots of times... it'll happen.

The visitor came and left last week... with no change at all to my weight (I thought I'd drop some water weight, but nooooooooooooo! LOL!)

I really don't understand how it is physically possible to eat/drink so little and GAIN a pound. Very strange indeed. ;-)

I'm not letting it get me down though. I've dropped lots of weight lots of times... it'll happen.

/quote]

Don't fret, the same thing happened to me. I was banded on March 20th, lost 4 pounds the first week then gained back two....and hasn't changed since. I called Dr Miranda and she said not to worry the weight loss journey does not begin until your first fill. It's still depressing when you look at everyone else who is losing on the liquid diet. Oh well, our turn will come. I go for my fill May 1st.