Small problem after 4/4 banding - but all is okay!

Hello fellow banditos!

I did wanted to give you all an update after my 4/4 surgery. I was discharged Saturday around 9:00 a.m. and a group of the girls went shopping. While Calicat and I were shopping, I noticed that my port site had protruded - a great bit. It was scary looking. One of our banditos was a RN and she suspected it was a hematoma.

Dr. Martinez (who I absolutely love!) came to the hotel the next morning and looked at my port site, my skin color, my hands, my eyes, my tongue. He said it was a hematoma and made arrangements for me to go back to the clinic that day (Sunday) to be wrapped and for an antibiotic. Nurse Sophia was there on her day off with her beautiful daughter. Sophia wrapped my stomach and filled the elastic wrap with gauze so I could safely fly home the next day. I was given Keflex which is the worse tasting antibiotic made. Bad thing is - we can't swallow pills so I had to crush and swallow. Y.U.C.K.! I was also given a prescription for additional Keflex and Sophia and her daughter drove us back to the hotel.

We flew home yesterday and I had a comfortable-enough flight. The elastic band wrapping made it more comfortable and I believe did the trick because my port site looks so much better. I don't look 9 months pregnant on one half of my belly anymore. However, I do have a huge bruise which is scary to look at. I think now the bruising will change colors to brown and then eventually go away.

I did go back to work today. Remember I was banded Friday around 2. p.m. I'm a paralegal so the heaviest thing I lift is a file (not too heavy, eh)? Managed the day with some white grape juice, a banana popcicle, and some chicken broth. I think I'm starting to like the chicken broth! No rush for me to start the next phase (drinkable yogurts).

I'm not hungry and have to force myself to eat/drink. I'm still sore, especially when getting up and down out of a chair. I'm SO freakin excited about the upcoming weight loss that I cannot stop talking about it :P

Ohhhh here's a funny. You all will just love this.....I arrived at work today and was called to the front desk to pick up "something." Got there and there was this H.U.G.E. basket of goodies delivered to me from my firm. How hilarious is that!!!!?? There were pretzels, candy bars, cheese, crackers, candy, ohmygawd did I just want to slap the office administrator who ordered it!?!?!?!? Heck yeah .. but I did imagine eating some of the pepper cheese for about 20 seconds.

We're going to open the basket on April 24th!! :) but hopefully I will be full from some real food and won't care one bit about it! Toodles!

f4403.jpg

Hello fellow banditos!

I did wanted to give you all an update after my 4/4 surgery. I was discharged Saturday around 9:00 a.m. and a group of the girls went shopping. While Calicat and I were shopping, I noticed that my port site had protruded - a great bit. It was scary looking. One of our banditos was a RN and she suspected it was a hematoma.

Dr. Martinez (who I absolutely love!) came to the hotel the next morning and looked at my port site, my skin color, my hands, my eyes, my tongue. He said it was a hematoma and made arrangements for me to go back to the clinic that day (Sunday) to be wrapped and for an antibiotic. Nurse Sophia was there on her day off with her beautiful daughter. Sophia wrapped my stomach and filled the elastic wrap with gauze so I could safely fly home the next day. I was given Keflex which is the worse tasting antibiotic made. Bad thing is - we can't swallow pills so I had to crush and swallow. Y.U.C.K.! I was also given a prescription for additional Keflex and Sophia and her daughter drove us back to the hotel.

We flew home yesterday and I had a comfortable-enough flight. The elastic band wrapping made it more comfortable and I believe did the trick because my port site looks so much better. I don't look 9 months pregnant on one half of my belly anymore. However, I do have a huge bruise which is scary to look at. I think now the bruising will change colors to brown and then eventually go away.

I did go back to work today. Remember I was banded Friday around 2. p.m. I'm a paralegal so the heaviest thing I lift is a file (not too heavy, eh)? Managed the day with some white grape juice, a banana popcicle, and some chicken broth. I think I'm starting to like the chicken broth! No rush for me to start the next phase (drinkable yogurts).

I'm not hungry and have to force myself to eat/drink. I'm still sore, especially when getting up and down out of a chair. I'm SO freakin excited about the upcoming weight loss that I cannot stop talking about it :P

Ohhhh here's a funny. You all will just love this.....I arrived at work today and was called to the front desk to pick up "something." Got there and there was this H.U.G.E. basket of goodies delivered to me from my firm. How hilarious is that!!!!?? There were pretzels, candy bars, cheese, crackers, candy, ohmygawd did I just want to slap the office administrator who ordered it!?!?!?!? Heck yeah .. but I did imagine eating some of the pepper cheese for about 20 seconds.

We're going to open the basket on April 24th!! :) but hopefully I will be full from some real food and won't care one bit about it! Toodles!

f4403.jpg

The picture says it all!! So glad you are on the mend and are back to work. I am hoping to have surgery very soon and all of your wonderful stories, whether good or scarey keep me well informed. I can't wait to be a bandsters!! Best of luck Cathy

Hey - that is too funny about the basket. I was banded on March 17th (Monday) - well the next Sunday was Easter (which was hard enough - I love boiled eggs!) But when I got to work the next day - there it was - a beautiful easter basket from my secret pal full of tootsie rolls, chocolate, candy corn, etc. It was so depressing.....until I got on the scale and had realized I lost 8lbs. in one week. I put the basket up (after getting the sugar free gum out of it), brought it home to my husband and let him dig in.

Sorry about the hematoma. Hope you are feeling better. The bruise is normal after a hematoma and will probably look worse before it looks better. It will turn brown then this ugly green-yellow. But that is normal and it will go away shortly after that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for reassuring me re: hematoma.

Also glad to know that you had the willpower not to tackle the Easter basket ;)

I'm on day five of liquids though I'm not hungry, I think I'm smelling McDonalds even though I'm no where near one ;)

Hey - that is too funny about the basket. I was banded on March 17th (Monday) - well the next Sunday was Easter (which was hard enough - I love boiled eggs!) But when I got to work the next day - there it was - a beautiful easter basket from my secret pal full of tootsie rolls, chocolate, candy corn, etc. It was so depressing.....until I got on the scale and had realized I lost 8lbs. in one week. I put the basket up (after getting the sugar free gum out of it), brought it home to my husband and let him dig in.

Sorry about the hematoma. Hope you are feeling better. The bruise is normal after a hematoma and will probably look worse before it looks better. It will turn brown then this ugly green-yellow. But that is normal and it will go away shortly after that.

Good luck and keep us posted.

I am so glad everything went well. Thank Goodness you were still in Mexico to have the heamtoma fixed. Isn't Dr. Martinez so sweet? I just love him.

Welcome to bandland!

It just amazes me how dedicated these Dr.s and staff are at the OCC! What Dr in this country would check you at your hotel and then take you back to the clinic on thier day off to take care of you!!! =D> =D> =D>

I think that is so funny about the basket of goodies! I had people wanting to take me out to lunch afte I got back from my surgery....I told them it would be fun to watch THEM eat!!! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

You're the best Dawn!!! Miss Sunshine :rolleyes: I'm glad we got "banded" together and I can't wait to see you soon for our first fill!!!

Cat ><'

No you're the best! Wait a minute, I think Doug thinks he's the best of the bandsters:)

I already need my first fill. I realized today that what restriction I thought I had was just the swelling. The bruising is almost gone and obviously so is the swelling. I'm hungry and I think it's definitely bigger than a walnut now ;)

I can't wait to see you my BBB and the others again :) Counting the days ...

q0807.gif

comment.gif

You're the best Dawn!!! Miss Sunshine :rolleyes: I'm glad we got "banded" together and I can't wait to see you soon for our first fill!!!

Cat ><'

You know, if that had happened in the US, you would have been sent to the hospital and would have to wait forever.. you might not have even seen your doctor.

Go, OCC! :cheerleader: