newley banded

Well I am now banded. I was banded on may 25th. The morning did not start off well the normal driver was busy with other people so i had a driver who had a little sign i almost did not see. once I got to the facility for my pre op it was ok. all of the staff were really nice. When it came time to go to the hotel they only called one small taxi for 4 large people and then when we split into 2 cabs and had them call another we had to pay for the cab. we did not see Mrs Ortiz at all. The nextmorning we were supposed to be in the lobby at 8:am Mrs Ortiz showed up at about 8:20 in a volvo and took us in sets of 2 and 3 one couple did not want towait so they followed in a taxi. I got to my room fairly quickly but did not get to have surgery until almost 3pm. the facility was excellent and the staff is awsome. we were treated so well and never needed to wait foe anything. the next morning I left around 10:00 am and Mrs Ortiz drove us back to the hotel and told us she would bring back the pain medication and let us know what time we would be picked up the next day. I am very happy about it for the most part and i have already lost 12.5 pounds and can't wait for my first fill.the mental hunger is a hard thing to learn to realize it is not real but i would do it all agaiin in a heartbeat good luck to all C.

Congratulations! I've found the lap band to be so empowering because I feel that I can take care of my weight issue once and for all! Hope you are doing well post op. Try blending some of the Cambell's Chunky Stlye soups into a fine puree for the full liquid phase and I think you'll find you are more satisfied .. that worked well for me, but I could only eat 1/2 -1 cup at a time. Best wishes on your journey. Let us know how you are doing!

Congratulations! I've found the lap band to be so empowering because I feel that I can take care of my weight issue once and for all! Hope you are doing well post op. Try blending some of the Cambell's Chunky Stlye soups into a fine puree for the full liquid phase and I think you'll find you are more satisfied .. that worked well for me, but I could only eat 1/2 -1 cup at a time. Best wishes on your journey. Let us know how you are doing!

Thanks Chelley, I think it is just that I have to get used to the fact that I am not hungery after a lifetime of always being hungry. I can not wait till the full liquid. I am sick of jello and juice. Thanks for the awsome support C.