Can I puree meat?

Hey all I am getting ever closer to my creamy soups and just wanted to ask a quick question for those that know or maybe have tried it. I have an awesome food processor and would really like to puree some meat into the soups and I was wondering

A. If this was tasty

B. If this would be allowed, I would def make sure it was capable of fitting through a straw per Dr. Miranda's guidelines

C. If this would allow for a good protein substitute as the shakes make me want to gag

Thank you for all of your answers!!

God Bless and happy losing

Jacklyn

I blended up some cooked chicken and stirred it into my cream of mushroom soup. It was a little bit weird, but was plenty soupy and filled me up

No problem there. But why stop at soups? Meat pudding, meatcicles, meat-fast shakes, meat-lollies . . . ok I kid but the first sentence was serious. The last week of the post-op diet I ofter blended stews and chili until it was the consistency of milk and had no problems.

Just a word of caution,, don't fall into a habit of blending your food. I know,, you'll find it easier to eat,, but you'll end up eating more and consuming more calories, then the next thing you know you'll be wondering why your not losing weight.

Clynn you crack me up! I think I would actually prefer meatsicles or even meatlollies to another protein shake. YUCK! Thanks all for your help. Of course I can't get into the habit of blending food, but thanks for the advice Dolittle. I just want to stick to my post-op diet of course and also get the recommended amount of protein. I'm so excited about soups now its almost a sad thought not to be able to eat them later on, but as they say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!!

God Bless

Jacklyn

Jackynrae,

Hello! Is this the Jacklyn from surgery on 4/3? This is Gina (the crazy one) who asked you for your e-mail address at the airport. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Are you all moved? I can't wait to talk to you some more.

Keep up the great work,

Gina (gigirn)

Hey all I am getting ever closer to my creamy soups and just wanted to ask a quick question for those that know or maybe have tried it. I have an awesome food processor and would really like to puree some meat into the soups and I was wondering

A. If this was tasty

B. If this would be allowed, I would def make sure it was capable of fitting through a straw per Dr. Miranda's guidelines

C. If this would allow for a good protein substitute as the shakes make me want to gag

Thank you for all of your answers!!

God Bless and happy losing

Jacklyn

Hello Jacklyn,

I'm 15 days post-op and today I made cream of broccoli soup and put about 2oz grilled chicken breast in it and pureed it.[ I also put a little shredded cheddar cheese in it.] It was totally liquid and went down real smooth, not to mention really tastey! I won't do it everyday, but I'm also sick of the Slim Fast shakes to get my protein. I strayed away from the liquid diet on Sunday, and boy did I pay for it!! I had stomach and shoulder pain all day Monday. So, no more cheating, but I'll puree a little chicken every couple days to change it up. :) Best wishes, Darlene