Last minute packing

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone ended up wearing their wedding rings. My husband is going with me and could keep it with him while I am in surgery. But is it not safe to wear "out and about". What about taking a purse? Just leave it at the hotel? I feel so unprepared! What other paper work do I need to bring.....I have numbers for Rene etc, the original check, but what else..

Love to hear from you soon!

Brook :huh:

Hey Brook!

Ok you need your original paperwork that you filled out. Wedding rings are fine my husband and I walked over an hour around Revolution Blvd with 3.5K on my finger and .5k in my ears never a problem. Police were abundant around the area also. I carried a purse with me sometimes and left it in the room others. Never had any problems with being harassed or even people getting too close like in many foreign nations. I was also terrified especially all the brutal things that you do hear about Tijuana but I never felt anything but comfortable and secure the entire time. You will be pleasantly surprised about the cleanliness and modernization, from the hotel you can see a Starbucks and a Dominoes pizza so its not a slum. They like American money and be sure to take ones and fives for tipping in such. Good luck and you will do GREAT! Anything else you just let me know.

God bless,

Jacklyn

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone ended up wearing their wedding rings. My husband is going with me and could keep it with him while I am in surgery. But is it not safe to wear "out and about". What about taking a purse? Just leave it at the hotel? I feel so unprepared! What other paper work do I need to bring.....I have numbers for Rene etc, the original check, but what else..

Hey, I did wear my rings most of the time. I, of course, did not wear them during surgery - my husband kept them, nor did I wear them when shopping. But I did wear them the rest of the time. I also took a purse. I have a purse that I travel with all the time. It is small and can be wrapped around my neck and shoulder and across my back so no one can grab it - it fits like a beauty contestants shaw would fit. I also took it with me to the OCC. I just took a small duffle bag with a change of clothes, my purse, toothbrush, etc. Everything was in the duffle the whole time though. My husband was in my room with the bag while I was in surgery so it was safe. You also need to take your original paperwork that you faxed to the OCC. They will want the hard copy. Also do not forget your method of payment if you did not wire the money. To come back into the US you will need your driver's license or other government approved ID and your certified birth certificate (not the pretty one with the gold seal). Take a camera. You will want pics. That about sums it up. Just don't overpack. There is no need. Good luck on your journey. Keep us posted on your experience.

Couldn't agree with you more Blazn...don't over pack. My husband and I only had one bag for the both of us that we could have check had it not been that blasted liquid rule and we still over packed. Honestly when you do go to OCC for your surgery you don't need anything I took my shower stuff but I or any of us for that matter of us had time/felt like going to the shower down the hall. I didn't smell too funny....just took one once back at the hotel.

I did not bring any expensive jewlery to Mexico, and when I went for a fill I turned my rings around. I felt safe being there but I didn't want to risk it!! All you need is your Divers License and Birth Cert. I gave my hubby all the money and credit cards..don't over pack!!

Best of luck,

Donna

You have a very long walk to get back across the border to the USA so be careful with packing. I kept my carry on almost empty so I could put stuff in it that I bought in Mexico and San Diego. I wore my rings and kept them in my luggage while I was in surgery. I felt very safe with them being in there.

Hi all

I wore my rings, all the time... I am unable to take my wedding rings off after 23 years and 100lbs of excess weight... the nurses tried but then said it was ok. As for when you are out shopping or in the hotel etc, if you are really concerned, there are safe boxes that you can use at the hotel. we used it (and always do when travelling to a foreign country) to put our passports into until we needed them again. the only way they can be opened is with the "hotel's key" and the key you are given.

Good luck!

I wore my rings, all the time... I am unable to take my wedding rings off after 23 years and 100lbs of excess weight... the nurses tried but then said it was ok. As for when you are out shopping or in the hotel etc, if you are really concerned, there are safe boxes that you can use at the hotel. we used it (and always do when travelling to a foreign country) to put our passports into until we needed them again. the only way they can be opened is with the "hotel's key" and the key you are given.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip about the Safe Boxes, I didn't even think of that!!

What a great Non Scale Victory for you when you can slide those rings on and off easily!!

Thanks everyone ><'

iwas banded last night instead of today. Everything went well. will fill you in soon.

brook #-o