banded 4-7-08 at occ

It was all good. I have never had surgery before so this was a real tough decision. I remained very calm and went through all the steps when we got there(seeing the dentist, respiratory, ekg, nutritionist). So then I am thinking when do i get my blood work? Then they called me and my husband back. I see my bed with a gown and stockings on it. They tell me to change and at that point i say i haven't had my blood work. Then they do that, start my iv and give me 2 sublingual pills. 1 to make me not get nauseas and 1 , a chill pill. I do not remember even going to the operating room. While in there i do remember the anesthiologist asking me was i sleepy? then next thing i knew, i am back in my bed and feeling pretty darn good. Got up and walked around, went to the bathroom and when i got back to my bed, they gave me a popsicle. felt like a kid again for doing a good job.

hope this helps you out, recovery has been very easy.

It was all good. I have never had surgery before so this was a real tough decision. I remained very calm and went through all the steps when we got there(seeing the dentist, respiratory, ekg, nutritionist). So then I am thinking when do i get my blood work? Then they called me and my husband back. I see my bed with a gown and stockings on it. They tell me to change and at that point i say i haven't had my blood work. Then they do that, start my iv and give me 2 sublingual pills. 1 to make me not get nauseas and 1 , a chill pill. I do not remember even going to the operating room. While in there i do remember the anesthiologist asking me was i sleepy? then next thing i knew, i am back in my bed and feeling pretty darn good. Got up and walked around, went to the bathroom and when i got back to my bed, they gave me a popsicle. felt like a kid again for doing a good job.

hope this helps you out, recovery has been very easy.

It IS easy isn't it? My whole experience felt more like a vacation than a surgery. I had such a good time and sounds like you are too!