Hungry, thirsty, and dominated by the clock.

Hi, Everyone,

Now that I am on a routine of solid food, I find that the clock is dominating my life. I wake up and have coffee at 8 am, have an average glass of water for my pills after that, then wait thirty minutes for breakfast, around 9 am. I set the clock for two hours, and try not to think about water in that time, but I am always thirsty.. always.

At 11:00 am, I start drinking as much water as I can, but feel like I am just gulping it down to get it all in, maybe 16 or 20 oz. before I have to stop at 1:00 for my thirty minute break before eating. 1:30... lunch.. takes about 45 minutes if I work a puzzle while eating. I am usually dry mouthed before I am half way through, and have had to suck on some ice for a second before continuing. Then, two more thirsty hours until 3:30. Again, drinking, drinking, drinking.. have some yogurt mid afternoon (it counts as a liquid according to my notes from Dr. Miranda for AFTER liquid diet,)... stop at 6:30 for supper at 7:00, then thirsty until I go to bed. I drink a little glass of water for my pills, and I am so glad I can brush my teeth so my mouth can get wet. I also use a dry mouth mouthwash.

Dominated by the clock, thirsty all day... sigh

Why are you waiting 2 hours after eating before drinking? 40 minutes to 1 hour is the recommended time. Also, I have not heard of the no drinking 30 minutes prior to eating thing. If you take a bottle of water and turn it upside down, it will empty quickly. That's how quick water is going through your empty stomach. I often drink right before eating to be sure I won't be miserable afterwards. At three meals a day, the time you are not drinking is half your waking day. This and your other post indicate to me you are dehydrating yourself. Try drinking some Gatorade G2, which has electrolytes and vitamins and is designed to help keep your hydrated. Cut way back on the time you're not allowing yourself to drink and sip sip sip constantly when you can drink. It may take a couple of days for things to settle back down.

Why are you waiting 2 hours after eating before drinking? 40 minutes to 1 hour is the recommended time. Also, I have not heard of the no drinking 30 minutes prior to eating thing. If you take a bottle of water and turn it upside down, it will empty quickly. That's how quick water is going through your empty stomach. I often drink right before eating to be sure I won't be miserable afterwards. At three meals a day, the time you are not drinking is half your waking day. This and your other post indicate to me you are dehydrating yourself. Try drinking some Gatorade G2, which has electrolytes and vitamins and is designed to help keep your hydrated. Cut way back on the time you're not allowing yourself to drink and sip sip sip constantly when you can drink. It may take a couple of days for things to settle back down.

Not sure about you, but I was told not to drink for 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal by the OC, so I am sure that she was told that too and is why she is doing it.

Not sure about you, but I was told not to drink for 1 hour before and 2 hours after a meal by the OC, so I am sure that she was told that too and is why she is doing it.

Yikes!! That's 9 hours out of the day you're not allowed to drink IF you never have a snack. Glad they never told me that I would be miserable. Since she's getting so dehydrated, it would probably be a good idea to cut that time down.

Rereading my handout from Dr. Miranda...

"Liquids should be taken ONE HOUR later after your meal." Thank heavens.. that is so much better..

I couldn't find in her handout where we had to wait 30 minutes before, but I know I heard it somewhere, and I don't know where now.

Mona, do you know where we might have heard that? I would have sworn it was OCC

Clynn, thank you for the correct information.

I was told one hour after meals, and I believe the only place I saw the info about not drinking half an hour before was in that book you let me borrow Paula. I remember that info, but I think it was in the book.

I drink as much as I can right before I eat, and then wait an hour before drinking again and have had no issues.

I hope that you arent so thristy anymore! haha I have been reading the best life, by bob greene (oprahs fitness guru) also You on a diet by Dr. Oz and they both say that you should eat breakfast as soon as you get up- or as close as possible- its supposed to help in weight loss by jumping your metabolism right away. Do with it what youd like, but I thought that was a good tip! Hope you are doing well!

Rereading my handout from Dr. Miranda...

"Liquids should be taken ONE HOUR later after your meal." Thank heavens.. that is so much better..

I couldn't find in her handout where we had to wait 30 minutes before, but I know I heard it somewhere, and I don't know where now.

Mona, do you know where we might have heard that? I would have sworn it was OCC

Clynn, thank you for the correct information.

Got it from Dr. Miranda. Drinking before is as bad as after because the drinking right before a meal also sloshes the food down too fast if there is too much in your stomach.

I remember Dr. Miranda saying to me to wait 30 before food and 30 min after. It works for me. That has been one of my biggest struggles, not eating and drinking at the same time. The thought of never really eating hot spicy food is sad.

Oh well, I do at time have to eat ice or take a couple of sips if water because it drives me crazy. I do sympathize with watching the clock about when to drink and when not to drink.

Mayt :rolleyes: ee