Trouble again with pre-op diet

So after finally losing the 3 lbs I had gained, plus an additional 5, I have been stuck at 235 for a week now. I can't get below it! I decided while Atkins did get the weight off quickly, it wasn't the healthiest options, so I went back to a Slim Fast for breakfast and Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner. I usually have a low cal snack after lunch around 3 (usually a Slim Fast bar) and sometimes a sugar free fudgesicle at night if I really need it. I do the Lean Cuisine at lunch instead of another Slim Fast because I felt too hungry, which would lead to snacking and I wanted to avoid that or cheating. I walk after work, I take the stairs whenever possible, and I've even gotten into the habit of running up my stairs at home. What else can I do??

I am TERRIFIED that I won't lose enough weight for my surgery and they will turn me away. Dr. Miranda wanted me to lose 20 lbs and I don't know if I can do it now! I emailed her this morning for advice, but haven't heard back. Help!!

Thanks - I actually enjoy the Slim Fasts, they taste good to me. I really like the Rich Chocolate Royale. I will up my water intake and try the Special K stuff. I was really close to adding the Alli pill to my pre-op diet, but I saw an earlier post about a woman having her surgery postponed because she took a diet pill.

So after finally losing the 3 lbs I had gained, plus an additional 5, I have been stuck at 235 for a week now. I can't get below it! I decided while Atkins did get the weight off quickly, it wasn't the healthiest options, so I went back to a Slim Fast for breakfast and Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner. I usually have a low cal snack after lunch around 3 (usually a Slim Fast bar) and sometimes a sugar free fudgesicle at night if I really need it. I do the Lean Cuisine at lunch instead of another Slim Fast because I felt too hungry, which would lead to snacking and I wanted to avoid that or cheating. I walk after work, I take the stairs whenever possible, and I've even gotten into the habit of running up my stairs at home. What else can I do??

I am TERRIFIED that I won't lose enough weight for my surgery and they will turn me away. Dr. Miranda wanted me to lose 20 lbs and I don't know if I can do it now! I emailed her this morning for advice, but haven't heard back. Help!!

I find that when I eat less, I don't lose as much, but when I eat a balanced diet, breakfast (muffin, yogurt), lunch-lean cuisine and fruit and a well balanced dinner (no fast food or fried foods) I lose more weight. When your body is hungry you will hang on the pounds, when it's satisfied it will let it go...works for me!! Good luck! Cathy

Thanks - I actually enjoy the Slim Fasts, they taste good to me. I really like the Rich Chocolate Royale. I will up my water intake and try the Special K stuff. I was really close to adding the Alli pill to my pre-op diet, but I saw an earlier post about a woman having her surgery postponed because she took a diet pill.

Alli has no effect on the heart like typical diet pills, it acts as a fat blocker that works in the stomach... I'm not saying it is safe but even if it was it only blocks 1/2 of the fat from your meals and since there is so little fat in the shakes and frozen dinners I doubt it would help much!!