banded 4.8.08

hi guys,

i did it!!

i am feeling really bloated, when does this feeling go away?

i feel like 6 months pregnant, is this normal?

also, what can i eat?????

chix broth is just not doing it for me HELP!!!

thanks,

claire #-o

I was so bloated in my belly that my shirts I wore before surgery wouldn't even fit me. :blink: It will go down in a few days.

As for eating, you really don't need to! Maybe try some beef broth? Drink, drink, drink!!! You don't want to risk messing your band up. I have made a few mistakes myself and regretted it after PBing it back up. Have you started your liquid yogurt yet? It really helps..I bought the Danon Immunity kind and they taste great!

thanks,

i tried the danactive immunity there like little shots.

i guess they are o.k. but i crave FOOD.

i have issues.

claire

Claire,

You aren't alone- WE ALL HAVE ISSUES... That's why we are getting banded!!

Think of this time as a food detox, so you can learn what real hunger feels like and learn to make choices that are right for you and your new band!!

yes yes yes we all have issues and MammaMichelle is so right just learn to think about other things besides food. It is not easy, but this is the start of a brand new life. You can do it and remember you have all of your bandies to help support you. It will all work out you can do it!

Good luck

Jacklyn

hi guys,

i did it!!

thanks,

claire #-o

Claire,

I finally read Dr. O's book from cover to cover. One of the problems they addressed was bloating, and his solution was to "move and take your pain meds." As far as the chicken broth, you need to stick with clear liquids, anything that you can see through.

I have been a surgical nurse for many years, but I really am learning a lot of this myself. His book gives a lot of good info; it's not uncommon for patients to feel overwhelmed with all of the information that is presented to them.

Hang in there!

Audrey :)

Claire.....also if you were banded on the 8th...as early as day 4 post op (today) you can start protein shakes. That helps. It will fill you a little longer, plus you body needs the protein for healing.

Thanks for the support guys,

you are all the best!

I guess what is especially difficult is cooking

for my 2 little boys. I am so used to grazing on their

food, i am not used to denying myself- hence the band.

><' claire

hi guys,

i did it!!

thanks,

claire #-o

I had that awful stomach bloat for about 2 weeks. It was so bad I couldn't wear pants. I wore dresses the first 2 weeks. No matter how much I walked, it didn't seem to go away. Just stick it out, it will end, I promise!! Try jello, that might help the hunger. Or the Adkins Advantage shakes will help fill you up too. DON'T EAT FOOD!!! It is way too soon and you will ruin your surgery!! Or, try some regular soup, just put it in the blender to get it all smooth. Don't worry, eventually it will get better.

Thanks for the support guys,

you are all the best!

I guess what is especially difficult is cooking

for my 2 little boys. I am so used to grazing on their

food, i am not used to denying myself- hence the band.

><' claire

I was a grazer too, trying to finish up the last bites of my sons meals... it is totally mindless eating so you have to catch yourself and think

"ok so the kids didn't finish their food... would I rather "waste" food by throwing it in the trash or trash my "waist" by putting it in my body???"

That's a little motto I came up with myself to stop the grazing!