pre opt diet

hey guys. i am new here. i will be having surgery this friday the 17 of april. i am having issue with the pre opt diet. i lost 5 lbs. with shakes three times a day. i am starving. i am concerned that i will not be able to loose the other 5. any suggestions. thanks

Do the best you can, and don't worry too much about it. I did the shakes 3 times a day as well... but cheated a few times. I did lose 11 lb. by the surgery date though. I think most people cheat a little - just try to make healthier decisions if you MUST cheat. I haven't heard of anyone yet who didn't have their surgery because they didn't lose all the weight.

hey guys. i am new here. i will be having surgery this friday the 17 of april. i am having issue with the pre opt diet. i lost 5 lbs. with shakes three times a day. i am starving. i am concerned that i will not be able to loose the other 5. any suggestions. thanks

Dr. M says you can add a small salad to your daily intake, you can even use one of those spray dressings. I did the 2 shakes and lean cuisine because doing just the 3 shakes weren't enough calories for me!!

I also did the two shakes and one lean cuisine. It helped to have at least one meal. Good luck..you can do it! =D>

i started to do the salad thing since i am so hungry. i have not cheated yet and at this point only 4 days apart, i dont think i will. i am having issues ith the plane ride since i wil be there for about 4 hours and i cannot make a shake. what did you guys during the plane ride?

i started to do the salad thing since i am so hungry. i have not cheated yet and at this point only 4 days apart, i dont think i will. i am having issues ith the plane ride since i wil be there for about 4 hours and i cannot make a shake. what did you guys during the plane ride?

I had to fast before the testing that day, so I didn't take anything. And it was the worst plane ride of my life... a 2 hour flight, and I SWEAR they offered me food 5 times (turkey sandwich, chips, crackers, nuts, cookies, etc.). I thought airlines were cutting all that crap out! LOL!

I was fasting for surgery on the day of my plane ride, and it's only a little over an hour flight from Vegas but if I were you I would check in and then sit and have a canned slimfast right before going through security and then buy yourself some water and a small salad (most airports have a subway) or even that apple/walnut dish that McDonalds has IF you need a snack on the flight... I know it's tough we had a morning flight and the entire terminal smelled like those damn Cinnabons, my mouth was watering...

But, this is where you start learning that you need to have your head in the right place and make better choices about food before ever getting your band, luckily it provides a lot of the will power but you have to do the rest (and it sounds like you are already doing wonderfully)!

are we allowed to have slimfast i thought that we had to use either optifast or a gnc type of product (which are very expensive). i fly on thursday but dont have the surgery until friday, so the day before i will be at the hotel drinking shakes.

i was wondering if you guys could tell me of a menu type that you guys had since the surgery.

even if you surgery isn't until the day after most of us are supposed to have preop tests on the day we arrive which also require fasting. Be sure and double check if you are having any tests that require fasting the day you arrive, you wouldn't want to jeopardize you surgery time or anything.

are we allowed to have slimfast i thought that we had to use either optifast or a gnc type of product (which are very expensive). i fly on thursday but dont have the surgery until friday, so the day before i will be at the hotel drinking shakes.

i was wondering if you guys could tell me of a menu type that you guys had since the surgery.

Yes, you can use any type of protein shake that you like. I sed Slimfast cuz it's my fave.

On the plane and on my trip I ate what I wanted to since I had already lost my pre-op weight and I knew I would never eat again. LOL

Post-Op I am drinking:

Coffee with splenda

Chicken or Beef broth

Water

Gatorade

On Day 4 you can start drinkable yogurt. It is really good!

Then you can progress to protein shakes and creamy soups. On Day 21 you can start eating 3 good meals a day.

A bunch of us that were banded on 2/28 will be getting our first fills on april 18th at 9am so if you are still around after your surgery that morning hopefully we can meet you!!

A bunch of us that were banded on 2/28 will be getting our first fills on april 18th at 9am so if you are still around after your surgery that morning hopefully we can meet you!!

thank you so much. I would love to meet with you guys and asked questions if you guys are sticking around. i will be getting all my testing in the morning and then going for surgery after that.

thank you so much. I would love to meet with you guys and asked questions if you guys are sticking around. i will be getting all my testing in the morning and then going for surgery after that.

sounds great we will all be arriving together that morning at 9am and should be there till 11:30 or 12!! Then we will be shopping I'm sure!