not hungry.... at all

So I got my first fill last Thursday- 5cc's in a 10cc band- I was on liquids for 48 hours and then back to solids. I feel fine- liquids go down great - so does food- but im not hungry...at all. People say only eat when youre hungry..but i wasnt hungry at all yesterday...and again today. Should i eat a little bit anyway so i dont die! haha (jk) Last night I had 1/2 a burger- no bun just to get something in me- and drank a slim fast for breakfast and lunch-- But seriously, let me know what you think... I dont feel sick or anything so, its weird I just dont have an appetite... let me know what you all think!

So I got my first fill last Thursday- 5cc's in a 10cc band- I was on liquids for 48 hours and then back to solids. I feel fine- liquids go down great - so does food- but im not hungry...at all. People say only eat when youre hungry..but i wasnt hungry at all yesterday...and again today. Should i eat a little bit anyway so i dont die! haha (jk) Last night I had 1/2 a burger- no bun just to get something in me- and drank a slim fast for breakfast and lunch-- But seriously, let me know what you think... I dont feel sick or anything so, its weird I just dont have an appetite... let me know what you all think!

Wow, lucky you!!

I haven't had a fill yet so I can't help you. But it's cool you don't feel hungry. Thats what I am afraid of.

Gosh Mackenzie, I think that is great. I am so very excited. I am 4 weeks post op and hardly even feel like I have a band. I do have a little restriction but I honestly think it is where my real stomach shrunk from the liquid phase post op. My fill is scheduled for May 3rd. I can't wait. Yes...of course you need to eat. Good job on what you ate last night. That was a good idea to eat the meat first. That is what Dr. Miranda stressed. The protein is what we need most so if you are going to fill up that fast then the protein is what you should eat first. Just keep in mind that although the Slim Fast shakes have lots of proteins and other vitamins, they go right through the band. Item #10 on Dr. Miranda's post op diet states "Eat three meals a day - SOLIDS (NO PROTEIN SHAKES)". But I guess if you are not eating hardly anything then you need the shakes for a source of nutrition, but you probably need to try to eat solid food. Also make sure to take some chewable vitamins. I just love the gummie bear vitamins. Just make sure you take double what a child should take. Please keep us posted on your progress. =D>

Gosh Mackenzie, I think that is great. I am so very excited. I am 4 weeks post op and hardly even feel like I have a band. I do have a little restriction but I honestly think it is where my real stomach shrunk from the liquid phase post op. My fill is scheduled for May 3rd. I can't wait. Yes...of course you need to eat. Good job on what you ate last night. That was a good idea to eat the meat first. That is what Dr. Miranda stressed. The protein is what we need most so if you are going to fill up that fast then the protein is what you should eat first. Just keep in mind that although the Slim Fast shakes have lots of proteins and other vitamins, they go right through the band. Item #10 on Dr. Miranda's post op diet states "Eat three meals a day - SOLIDS (NO PROTEIN SHAKES)". But I guess if you are not eating hardly anything then you need the shakes for a source of nutrition, but you probably need to try to eat solid food. Also make sure to take some chewable vitamins. I just love the gummie bear vitamins. Just make sure you take double what a child should take. Please keep us posted on your progress. =D>

I know that she said no liquid calories- but i have been using those a meal replacement since Im not hungry at all. so i dont need something to stay in my band, bc im not hungry. I would rather drink that and get some nutrients then none at all. I have been taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water...just weird that im not hungry! ha I emailed Dr. Miranda to get her advice- I will let you all know what she says! thanks for the posts ><'

I know that she said no liquid calories- but i have been using those a meal replacement since Im not hungry at all. so i dont need something to stay in my band, bc im not hungry. I would rather drink that and get some nutrients then none at all. I have been taking my vitamins and drinking lots of water...just weird that im not hungry! ha I emailed Dr. Miranda to get her advice- I will let you all know what she says! thanks for the posts ><'

Oh Mackenzie, I'm so jealous and can't wait to be where you are now. Our group fill is coming up very soon.. I leave in 3 day!! Yay!!! I so welcome that full feeling.. I have been ravenous... trying not to devour everything has been a challenge! I went to a min reunion in Cali this past weekend and oh boy.. the place we stayed at had great meals... I fought back trying to eat an entire meal. Ohh questio to all.. my sister made a comment that my belly was looking big. I've lost weight but wow she is right. What's with my tummy? Does anyone have that problem? I wanna do sit ups but I'm not suppose to until 3 mos. post op. Anyway... here we come with the fill and we're just a week behind you MacKenzie. Keep us posted of the weight loss and exercise and any good or bad experiences.

Hanna :)

I have been using the shakes too because I'm never hungry in the mornings, a lot of days I'll have one for lunch too!!

Again there are so many worse things than not being hungry, lol you know what I mean?

Let us know what Dr. M says!!

WOW! Did you ever imagine you would be saying that? :lol:

Just try to eat three small meals a day..you need some nutrients and vitamins!

Gosh, I wish I wasn't hungry!!!! :(( I think I'm mostly fighting head hunger though!! It's so hard!

I'm eating quite a bit now and am not liking it at all. I had a pork chop, couple TBS of stuffing & couple TBS of mashed potato and gravy. YUM!! My stomach hurts now cause I probably stretched it..... need to keep myself busy.

Gosh, I wish I wasn't hungry!!!! :(( I think I'm mostly fighting head hunger though!! It's so hard!

I'm eating quite a bit now and am not liking it at all. I had a pork chop, couple TBS of stuffing & couple TBS of mashed potato and gravy. YUM!! My stomach hurts now cause I probably stretched it..... need to keep myself busy.

Fighting the head hunger is the hardest part, you have to think as a bandster with a good fill no less... It sounds like you're already watching your portions which I'm sure is a big step forward if you used to eat like I used to eat!! It does get easier and with a good fill (like Mackenzie has) it should become effortless...

I *think* I am hungry sometimes too, but I really am just thirsty. LOL

WOW! Did you ever imagine you would be saying that? :lol:

Just try to eat three small meals a day..you need some nutrients and vitamins!

kimmie, you hit it right on the head!!!! here is what dr.miranda said

hello Mrs Salter:

WOW isn't that wonderful? Not feeling hungry?

Eat three meals a day, SMALL meals, just a bit of the fish, and some

spinach and a tablespoon of beans, you do need nutrients, so do a

little bit of a healthy choice.

HEALTHY CHOICES:

fruit

green veggies

grains( popcorn, whole wheat toast, whole wheat crckers)

Dairy (lowfat or fat free cottage cheese, yogurt, lowft milk)

Meat and beans: peas, chicken, peanut butter, , pinto beans, 1 slice turkey

Dr. MIranda

Really- not being hungry might be the weirdest thing ive ever expierenced. I am still fighting head hunger though- when i get home i think- ok time to have a snack bc thats what ive always done- wrong! that is the hardest time of day im dealing with is when i get home from work- ive conquered night time and thru out the day..... but around 330-400 is hard! Thanks for all the posts- and Michelle you are so right- there is worse things then not being hungry- but its still just really weird!!! ive just been waiting and waiting and waiting and it never comes?! hahahaha thanks everyone for giving me advice on this topic- you girls rock! =D>

Oh man I miss that. Since I got my unfill it's like a switch has been flipped and I've gone from what you described to must eat now! Get the protein and nutrients you need but otherwise enjoy it cause the sweet spot is fickle.

Fighting the head hunger is the hardest part, you have to think as a bandster with a good fill no less... It sounds like you're already watching your portions which I'm sure is a big step forward if you used to eat like I used to eat!! It does get easier and with a good fill (like Mackenzie has) it should become effortless...

When's your first fill Michelle??? Just made mine for May 29th! I'm hoping that it helps right away... gotta get into "band mode" and start listening to actual hunger and not boredom or head hunger. I CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT!! =D>

When's your first fill Michelle??? Just made mine for May 29th! I'm hoping that it helps right away... gotta get into "band mode" and start listening to actual hunger and not boredom or head hunger. I CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT!! =D>

I am scheduled for my first fill on Friday the 18th! I am going back to TJ with 5 others that were banded on the same day as me 2/28, of course I'll be posting my experience too!

Hope mine goes as well as Mac's!

cylnn: so this is exactly what im supposed to feel like, not hungry?? its like a reality to me now that i actually have the band- sooo exciting!

It's what I've always hoped for when I get a fill. Pre-band I used to love cooking, now it's just meh. It's a huge change in mindset, especially if you've been obese most of your life. I have a cousin and an aunt who are just stick thin and it's how they go through life and seems the most natural thing in the world to them.

Cylnn: I used to love cooking to- but now when dinner time comes around, its like- i couldnt care any less bc im not even hungry! Dr. Miranda just said to eat 3 small meals a day, but how do i know if im getting enough calories to not go into stravation mode if im not even hungry or eating anything at all? So, when i start getting hungry again then its time for a fill??

Cylnn: I used to love cooking to- but now when dinner time comes around, its like- i couldnt care any less bc im not even hungry! Dr. Miranda just said to eat 3 small meals a day, but how do i know if im getting enough calories to not go into stravation mode if im not even hungry or eating anything at all? So, when i start getting hungry again then its time for a fill??

Mac-

You can use a website like http://www.fitday.com to track your calories, you can add custom foods by just imputing into the site the info from the nutrition label or use the preloaded calorie/protien/carb info they provide for all of your various foods. It's a quick process and the site is FREE!

I use my weight to decide whether or not it's time for a fill. If I stop losing or start gaining weight then it is time for a fill. I also keep an eye on what I do eat when I'm in the sweet spot so that I get enough. I don't go as far as counting calories because I'm far too lazy but if I start feeling bad or if I'm losing 5 or more pounds in a week, I know I'm not eating enough. If you stop losing weight and you're not eating very much, you're probably in starvation mode and should try upping the calories. There's no hard and fast rule to any of this, you just have to play it by ear.

clynn thanks for that! Its all still so new to me...i am like THANK GOD that i got a good fill-- i was worried!!! LET THE WEIGHT START FALLING OFF! hahahah

Michelle-i signed up on fitday but i just dont get it! hahah i had a hard time using it- maybe ill mess around with it again tonight

clynn thanks for that! Its all still so new to me...i am like THANK GOD that i got a good fill-- i was worried!!! LET THE WEIGHT START FALLING OFF! hahahah

Michelle-i signed up on fitday but i just dont get it! hahah i had a hard time using it- maybe ill mess around with it again tonight

Email or PM me with your questions, I'll do my best to answer them/ help you!