IM' HUNGARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kpsanders07

I am on day 5 of my post op and this diet just is'nt doin it. Why am i stil hungary soon after every meal? Smoothies and slimfast aren't cutting it for me. I wonder if the band isn't doing it's job. Did any one else feel this way too? And what are the dangers of eating a few days ahead of the diet plan. Like can i have mashed potatoes before 5 days on thicker liquids? :wacko:

email me the answers if you got'em

Karmin kpsanders07@yahoo.com

For me slimfast and yogurt drinks made my stomach a mess and didn't help with hunger, I realized I was getting way too many grams of sugar. I switched over to EAS whey protein powder and blended with ice and skim milk, it was so thick, filling and delicious.

My advice, especially since you are only 5 days post op, follow Miranda's post op diet to a T.

SJ

I hear ya! I am only 4 days post-op and my stomach is rumbling for food all day. I am so sick of sweet and really can't wait to eat. I will follow Dr. Mirandas plan but i can not wait for soups!!! I was reading on another forum and some are allowed to have cream of wheat 2 days post-op. I will be honest, it crossed my mind. I chewed up one of my daughters FF today and then spit it out. It was SOOO good! I really can't wait to lose the weight while eating some substance. :rolleyes:

How is your gas pain?

Brook

Hi,

Your band doesn't work until you have your first fill; that is when it gets smaller from the saline solution they insert through the needle. The reason you are on liquids is for healing purposes etc. I found that once I started drinking soups I was totally content. Where I live , I can buy Progresso soup - you add NO water. I puree these and eat two cans a day plus a protein shake in the am. I am never hungry. Sometimes, I eat no sugar added fudgicles also.

By the way, make sure you put the lid on tightly when you puree. I then heat up 1 cup at a time. I do one minute, let it rest and then do another minute. This way it doesn't spill over. If you don't like these canned soups, there are many delicious home made creamy soups to make - some of which you will find on this web site.

Good luck and happy diet.

My best, Helen ><' :cheerleader:

I am on day 5 of my post op and this diet just is'nt doin it. Why am i stil hungary soon after every meal? Smoothies and slimfast aren't cutting it for me. I wonder if the band isn't doing it's job. Did any one else feel this way too? And what are the dangers of eating a few days ahead of the diet plan. Like can i have mashed potatoes before 5 days on thicker liquids? :wacko:

I was also feeling completely ravenous by day 5, not to mention sick to my stomach and bloated. I broke down and ate a few bites of food that day. I felt 100% better after I ate. Shamey on me...I know, but ever since then I advanced my diet as my body tolerated and I have felt fine every since. I have never felt any restriction. My first fill will be in about three weeks and I hope at that point I start feeling it. I have only lost 3 pounds post-op, so definitely needing my fill. I don't know how some of you have stuck to the diet plan so religiously...that's awesome. Unfortunately, I couldn't make that happen. I'll keep you posted.

Kari

Karmin-

Are you sure it's physical hunger or do you think it could be metal "head hunger"?

A good way to tell the difference is head hunger comes on suddenly where physical hunger usually comes along more gradually...

Pretty much all of us have had to fight the head hunger battle which is why the post op diet is a well needed detox from food!!

Karmin-

Are you sure it's physical hunger or do you think it could be metal "head hunger"?

A good way to tell the difference is head hunger comes on suddenly where physical hunger usually comes along more gradually...

Pretty much all of us have had to fight the head hunger battle which is why the post op diet is a well needed detox from food!!

im sure its both. i did have the surgery because i couldnt control my hunger well thats why everyone has the lapband BUT i could have done this without the lapband i didnt know i was gonna go hungry WITH the lapband. it seems so difficult and i KNOW its going to be worth it i just dont understand. i feel like im gonna go to the doctor and ki will have lost 2 pounds and be upset that i havent even any food to not lose weight.

-Karmin

im sure its both. i did have the surgery because i couldnt control my hunger well thats why everyone has the lapband BUT i could have done this without the lapband i didnt know i was gonna go hungry WITH the lapband. it seems so difficult and i KNOW its going to be worth it i just dont understand. i feel like im gonna go to the doctor and ki will have lost 2 pounds and be upset that i havent even any food to not lose weight.

-Karmin

Karmin, are you understanding that the band isn't supposed to restrict you until AFTER your first fill, which you cannot have until 6 weeks after surgery? So, if you are hungry now, thats perfectly normal. The restriction and weight loss doesn't happen until after the fill itself. You must heal from the surgery before they can give you a fill. Just drink as much fluid as you need too to be full and it will pass. Once you get your first official fill, you will be doing much better.

And incidently, there was a day or two during my 3 week post op that I thought I was going to die if I didn't eat. But, I didn't eat, didn't die and the feeling passed and I was fine again. So, just hang in there!! It will be ok in the long run.

-Karmin

There are plenty of band-friendly foods you can have at this point without harming your surgery... I loved eating jello and would sometimes consume a whole small box's worth in one sitting, it filled up my stomach and killed those hunger pains.

This is the hardest part of the lap band experience, we all have gone on those crash diets where we were starving for a week and maybe lost 3-4lbs but when we went back to "normal" eating we would put the weight back on plus a pound or two more... This is where the band kicks in!!! It will prevent you from gaining that weight back...

YOU CAN DO IT!! :lb4: