VERY Nervous

I'm going to get my first fill tomorrow afternoon. I've selected a doctor that was at the Seattle Band Bash in Feb.

However, I'm real nervous about eating after the adjustment. (I know I'll be on liquids for a day or two after the fill.) Right now if I forget to chew enough and/or take too large of a bite of food I can feel it and then then feel it finally go through. My assumption is that after the fill this will be even more frequent and more painful.

Is my assumption correct?

I need the fill as I've not really lost any weight in a couple of weeks. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc

I'm going to get my first fill tomorrow afternoon. I've selected a doctor that was at the Seattle Band Bash in Feb.

However, I'm real nervous about eating after the adjustment. (I know I'll be on liquids for a day or two after the fill.) Right now if I forget to chew enough and/or take too large of a bite of food I can feel it and then then feel it finally go through. My assumption is that after the fill this will be even more frequent and more painful.

Is my assumption correct?

I need the fill as I've not really lost any weight in a couple of weeks. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc

Marc, I would request to have a fluoscopy to make sure port is not tilted or band is in same spot. Talk to the Dr. about that. You know I wonder what band slippage feels like. How do we bandster know when this happens (symtoms). Good luck Marc!

Marc - Let us know how your fill went. I'm leaving Sunday to get mine on Monday at Dr. Ortiz's office and I'm nervous also. I'm not worried about the procedure, I'm just worried about the restriction and hoping it works! Chelley

Marc - Let us know how your fill went. I'm leaving Sunday to get mine on Monday at Dr. Ortiz's office and I'm nervous also. I'm not worried about the procedure, I'm just worried about the restriction and hoping it works! Chelley

Hello all,

I got my fill done last Thursday. If was quick and painless. I saw the port and the band on the screen. It was the fastest $350 I've ever spent. The liquids for two days wasn't too bad. I've moved back to solids.

I'm concerned I didn't get enough. I got 3.8 cc in my 10 cc band. I don't really "feel" any more ristriction.

OK, I'm gong to confess. I'm still bad at drinking with/after meals. But I'm working at it.

Does anyone know the average/normal length of time between fills?

Thanks,

NWMarc

Hello all,

I got my fill done last Thursday. If was quick and painless. I saw the port and the band on the screen. It was the fastest $350 I've ever spent. The liquids for two days wasn't too bad. I've moved back to solids.

I'm concerned I didn't get enough. I got 3.8 cc in my 10 cc band. I don't really "feel" any more ristriction.

OK, I'm gong to confess. I'm still bad at drinking with/after meals. But I'm working at it.

Does anyone know the average/normal length of time between fills?

Thanks,

NWMarc

I was told 30 minutes before a meal and 1 hr. after a meal.