Use of the band

Hei everyone!

SO i was wondering if i was able to looose 10-15 pounds i week prior to surgery, shouldnt i be loosing the same amount of weight after the band? i am going for surgery on the 18 and i was wondering how in the first few weeks some people can actually gain weight(i read this in another post). any answers, please <_<

I am going to be banded May 9th. It is my understanding that the first several weeks following surgery are not for weight loss, it is for healing. Weight loss during that time is a bonus, but is not at all guaranteed. You should start seeing weight loss after you have your first fill. So I wouldn't go into it with the mindset that you'll definitely lose weight right after being banded.

Hope this helps! :)

Everyone is different, your body will determine if it needs to hold on to some of your post op weight or not. I also think other factors like age, diet choices and activity level also have a lot to do with if you will lose weight in those inital post op weeks or not! It's been said hundreds of time but you didn't put the weigh on in 6 weeks so don't expect to lose it all in that short period of time either!!

I just wanted to add that on a 21 day post op liquid diet, you are bound to lose weight. I am worried when I start eating that I will quit losing.

I am going to be banded May 9th. It is my understanding that the first several weeks following surgery are not for weight loss, it is for healing. Weight loss during that time is a bonus, but is not at all guaranteed. You should start seeing weight loss after you have your first fill. So I wouldn't go into it with the mindset that you'll definitely lose weight right after being banded.

Hope this helps! :)

It's all about choices...and eating the required amount of calories and getting your nutrients...your body with hold on to the weight if your body is in starvation mode. Even during the liquid diet post-op, you would think, "OMG, I am not eating, I am bound to lose tons of weight!". But your body has to get used to the changes, the band, the reduction in food intake before things level out and your body starts letting the weight go. It all takes time, we didn't put on the weight overnight, it won't come off overnight either.

Best of luck Cathy