Ovarian surgery yesterday

Good morning gals (and guys),

I had my surgery to remove my ovarian cyst yesterday. The dr. said to use this as a gauge as far as time off for my band next month. It's crazy. The worst part is the incisions and the sore throat. I had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago, but it was done vaginally. Anyway, I feel pretty good and could probably be at work today already if the stinking incisions didn't hurt so bad. I'm already doing laundry... not lifting just scooting the basket with my feet. My incisions are much larger than I anticipate them being from the band, though. I have THREE that are about 2 inches long and one in my belly button... what the heck? My gyn is a cutie pie and single, but come on, couldn't he have made smaller holes? I guess I'm just lucky to keep getting fine doctors. He's quite a catch so I'm not sure why he's still single. Could be because a lot of women don't want their man looking at other women's coochies all day :P

Anyway, not sure why I'm rambling on. Could be because I'm bored and will be stuck at home for a WEEK!!!!! RRRRRRR

BUT, I'm very excited about becomming a bandster now and looking forward to a better quality of life :)

Hi,

It's really early and I think you and I are two of the only ones on the forum this am. I am happy for you that your surgery is over and you are up and about. I hope,though, that you remember to take it easy this week,no matter how boring. Find yourself a good book and just relax. You deserve it.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Helen ><'

I'm so glad you went ahead and had that done!

You know I once asked my gyn doc what on earth made him pick gyn as his specialty. :rolleyes: He said it was the money that made him do it! hahahah At least he is honest!

I'm from GA too, as some of you know. I'm from the Atlanta area. I'm being banded on May 8. that's 3 weeks from today!!

jena

I'm so glad you went ahead and had that done!

You know I once asked my gyn doc what on earth made him pick gyn as his specialty. :rolleyes: He said it was the money that made him do it! hahahah At least he is honest!

I'm from GA too, as some of you know. I'm from the Atlanta area. I'm being banded on May 8. that's 3 weeks from today!!

jena

It's too bad I didn't meet up with any of the other GA girls sooner and we could have scheduled our flights and surgeries together. We'll definitly have to meet up for fills or shopping trips :)

Glad your surgery went well and that you get a week to recuperate.

I had surgery on April 4 and returned to work under my normal full time schedule April 8. I had no problems with returning to work. But again, everybody is different and, of course, some have jobs that require more activity than mine.

I listened to an author talk up her book on a radio talk show today. I cannot remember the name of her new book which was a spinoff of an earlier book, but I did remember the name of the first book - Good in Bed. Go get the book, read it while you're recuperating and let me know if it is as good of a read as they made it sound ;)

Good morning gals (and guys),

I had my surgery to remove my ovarian cyst yesterday. The dr. said to use this as a gauge as far as time off for my band next month. It's crazy. The worst part is the incisions and the sore throat. I had a partial hysterectomy a few years ago, but it was done vaginally. Anyway, I feel pretty good and could probably be at work today already if the stinking incisions didn't hurt so bad. I'm already doing laundry... not lifting just scooting the basket with my feet. My incisions are much larger than I anticipate them being from the band, though. I have THREE that are about 2 inches long and one in my belly button... what the heck? My gyn is a cutie pie and single, but come on, couldn't he have made smaller holes? I guess I'm just lucky to keep getting fine doctors. He's quite a catch so I'm not sure why he's still single. Could be because a lot of women don't want their man looking at other women's coochies all day :P

Anyway, not sure why I'm rambling on. Could be because I'm bored and will be stuck at home for a WEEK!!!!! RRRRRRR

BUT, I'm very excited about becomming a bandster now and looking forward to a better quality of life :)