NO BREAD!!! :(

Hi Ladies,

For those bandsters who are well on their way to eating healthy...my Dr. said no bread, too sticky and could get stuck....but can you have crackers, melba toast etc. Is that ok? What if you were to eat a small peice and wash it down with some water?

I haven't been banded yet...but I am researching everything I can, and cannot have when the big day comes when I can eat food.

Thanks everyone! Cathy

Kittycat, some people don't have any problems with bread, though. Everyone is different. I am able to eat whatever right now but I don't have my fill yet. However, most doctors do advise you eat your protein first then veggies then carbs. I would think that most people are full by the time they even get to the carb part of the diet. But good job on doing your research. From what I have heard is your body will tell you what you can and cannot eat and you will eventually get used to it.

Dr. Miranda, the nutritionist, told me to avoid soft breads, pasta, sticky rice, tortillas, etc.

She did say if we ate let's say a tortilla, to eat that last.

She also said to toast the bread.

So based on the advice she gave me, I will be having a sandwich on April 25th :) bread toasted, of course :)

Hi Ladies,

For those bandsters who are well on their way to eating healthy...my Dr. said no bread, too sticky and could get stuck....but can you have crackers, melba toast etc. Is that ok? What if you were to eat a small peice and wash it down with some water?

I haven't been banded yet...but I am researching everything I can, and cannot have when the big day comes when I can eat food.

Thanks everyone! Cathy

A few pb episodes with bread and suddenly it won't look so good anymore. Even without the pb'ing, to me that stuff now just tastes like cardboard. Since I can't eat as much as before I started looking for a higher quality of food or foods with a stronger taste. Bread, pasta, and tortillas are all fillers which are basically used to transport better tasting foods.