Shopping

I have heard many of you chatting about shopping. Do you have to take a taxi to get to shopping or can you just walk it? We are staying an extra day and I am hoping by day 2 I will feel good enough to do a little shopping. Were there good prices or was it mostly tourist rip off :huh:

you will feel fine!!!!! It really is no big deal! you do need to take a cab to go shopping- its $5 each way...i didnt really care for revolution ave at all..i like shopping in cancun or cozumel a lot more, but a lot of people did like it! Good luck! ><'

We paid $5 for a cab to revolution Avenue. You will be fine to go shopping the day after surgery. It is very touristy but you shouldn't miss it!!

There is also a mall down the street from the hotel close to the obesity center. My husband and I walked to it. That is a regular mall. Kind if neat because there is a courtyard and it is outside and really neat. You don't really barter for prices there as it like a regular mall and we didn't see any tourists. It was really nice.

We also walked back to the hotel from the obesity center. But, I like to walk.

It is easier to use just cash because it is kind if hard to figure out the differance between pesos and dollars when reconciliating your checkbook. And do not wear jewelry, they will see that and think you are rich and hound you until you buy (On Revolution ave). Learn to say NO and walk away if you are not interested. And bartering is a must on Revolution Ave. Do not pay full price for anything!! The Mexicans love to barter.

I had an ok experience on Rev. Ave. I bought a couple of earrings and a couple of bracelets but they acted a little rude if I bartered too much. A couple of the places that I went was like I only get a dollar now...how am I suppose to support my family? I really don't like that and was a little uncomfortable if they were telling the truth or not. I am glad that I had my husband with me because almost every place we stopped they referred to him as the "bodyguard". :girl_haha:

I wish that we would have walked down to the mall also.

Brook

BARTER!!! Regardless if they make some comment about only making a dollar they are trying th guilt path. Make sure you check your merchandise as well, open the purses and bags and look in them look at the stitching. I purchased 2 channel purses for $20 each and both started at $65. Also if anyone is interested when you come out of the clinic garage if you walk straight one block there is another outdoor shopping area that sells fruit, veggies, mexican candy as well as ALOT of other items. I walked it for about an hour the morning I left the clinic after having had surgery the afternoon before. Good luck and Best of Shopping. I thought it was fun.

Shopping on Revolution Ave was the highlight of our trip. We felt very safe and had a great time!