Banded 4/11/08 I have some questions HELP

If you were banded by Dr Ortiz, Dr Miranda should have given you a copy of the post-op diet instructions. You should check there first for when you can start eating solid foods. Once you're on solids, start slowly with a new kind of food and chew thoroughly. If it goes down ok you should be fine, but always know where the closest bathrooms are just in case.

25 pounds in one week does seem excessive, but if you are getting enough nutrients and proteins and don't feel lethargic or sore it should be fine. It's hard to pin down a "normal" while on liquids as people's experiences will vary.

Hi Banded football coach,

First, let me say I don't think your 25 lb weight loss in one week is anywhere near normal - however, having said that - if you feel well and you were very large to begin with, it's probably ok. Check with your doctor who banded you - and while you are at it - crawfish - well that is another one for the doc. Some questions are best answered by the experts.

But, congratulations on your terrific weight loss and hope you get to enjoy the fish!

Helen ><'

25#'s, that's awesome, but unusual...congrats.

Crawfish, I doubt it. It is a bit tougher than what you will be used to digesting (liquids). Crawfish, clams and shrimp do not qualify as fish. You just can't flake those like you can fish. I would be a bit afraid to start out with that. Surely they will have some other foods there also...you do really need to ask Dr. Miranda.

Good luck :P

Without knowing your starting weight, it's hard to evaluate your 25 lb weight loss. However, I would guess that a lot of it is fluids. Back in my very much younger days I could lose 10 lb in a week easily, but not anymore!

Just remember to chew, chew, chew and you will see if you can tolerate them.

We boil crawfish here in the South and eat them and suck their heads. LOL I am sure that is what he is referring to.

three weeks is about 21 days which would put you on solids per the OCC sooo you should be ok..just be careful. Maybe before youd eat so many you felt sick...this year maybe have one or 2 and then stop - just remember why you (and I) got the way we are! good luck! :D