What can I expect

calicat

So I'm a little confused. At week 3 - Dr. Miranda has us eating solids....right? But I'm reading a few posts here and there that refer to "sticking", or "getting stuck", or breads not being good, etc.

So if our band is not restricted yet, and our swelling is theoretically gone, what's to stop us from being able to eat steak and pizza and....??

Can someone please explain it for me??

I do understand how the restriction works, and how that will affect the foods we choose to eat, as well as, the amount we eat. I'm just confused about the non-restricted phase between week 3 and our first fill??

Thanks bandsters!!! ><'

So I'm a little confused. At week 3 - Dr. Miranda has us eating solids....right? But I'm reading a few posts here and there that refer to "sticking", or "getting stuck", or breads not being good, etc.

So if our band is not restricted yet, and our swelling is theoretically gone, what's to stop us from being able to eat steak and pizza and....??

Can someone please explain it for me??

I do understand how the restriction works, and how that will affect the foods we choose to eat, as well as, the amount we eat. I'm just confused about the non-restricted phase between week 3 and our first fill??

Thanks bandsters!!! ><'

Some people do have quite a bit of restriction prior to the first fill, either from just the band or from post surgical swelling. I had a few uncomfortable moments prior to my first fill, when I tried to eat some shrimp and some pizza. It was worse after my first fill, but I could still feel some types of foods before then. I was one of the luckier ones, I guess, who had no trouble continuing to lose a couple pounds before my first fill.

We stress how many people don't have any restriction before their first fill to keep those in that position from getting discouraged. But the whole truth is that sometimes some people DO have restriction before they are filled.