stretching pouch?

do u think it is possible to stretch the pouch even though u have never pbd?? or felt full.

I'm still on post op diet but I'm wondering because port site and stomach look distended. I have no pain, and I can keep liquids down so I dont think there is any slippage. However, I can sip all day and never seem full?????

:blink:

does that sound familiar to anyone?

Yeah it sounds familiar.....My stomach was distended and off kilter (from the port site) for about a month or more....it will all even out eventually, just looks odd!

Scared, Every time I eat my port site sticks out a little. Just keep in mind that your port is nowhere near your band. Your band is at the to of the stomach just under your sternum and left breast. The port is closer to your belly button. The port is anchored to your abdominal muscles and has scar tissue around it so when you eat and your "big" stomach (not your pouch) expands it pushes against your abdominal muscles and pushes the port out a little bit. My looks like a little lump there when I eat. I bet you don't have a lot of truncal obesity (stomach area). Most of the time only the people who have less fat around their abdomen experience this. In fact, the more weight these people lose the more it sticks out. Dr. Martinez told me that I would probably have to have my port replaced with a lower-profile port and possibly even put it behind the muscle when I lose my weight. That is kinda aggravating but a small price to pay if I actually lose that much weight.

Scared, Every time I eat my port site sticks out a little. Just keep in mind that your port is nowhere near your band. Your band is at the to of the stomach just under your sternum and left breast. The port is closer to your belly button. The port is anchored to your abdominal muscles and has scar tissue around it so when you eat and your "big" stomach (not your pouch) expands it pushes against your abdominal muscles and pushes the port out a little bit. My looks like a little lump there when I eat. I bet you don't have a lot of truncal obesity (stomach area). Most of the time only the people who have less fat around their abdomen experience this. In fact, the more weight these people lose the more it sticks out. Dr. Martinez told me that I would probably have to have my port replaced with a lower-profile port and possibly even put it behind the muscle when I lose my weight. That is kinda aggravating but a small price to pay if I actually lose that much weight.

Do you know if this replacement with a low profile port would cost anything/how much ?

Ute

Do you know if this replacement with a low profile port would cost anything/how much ?

Ute

I am not positive but I feel sure it will cost something. Not sure how much. Good question to ask though. Maybe I will email Lori and ask.

I am not positive but I feel sure it will cost something. Not sure how much. Good question to ask though. Maybe I will email Lori and ask.

Please let me/us know what Lori said - I will ask next Monday when I'll get banded :rolleyes:

I briefly asked Dr. Romero about the port sticking out when you lost weight and he said the don't do the low-profile port replacement at the OCC but that if you felt it was sticking out too much they would move it under the muscle. He said they make the incision using the same scar as the longer port scar you already have so you won't get any new scars (a big plus for me). He said that when the port is under the muscle you can expect more pain when you go to get your fills and it's harder to find so you'll always want to use fluro. He said it was a quick 30 min surgery not need to stay overnight or anything..

I think I managed to ask him everything about it except the cost, sorry!