Hematoma - Port Bruised - Please Help

:unsure:

Hello Bandsters,

Debbie who just got her band put in a few days ago is experiencing swelling and bruising. Has anyone else had this happen and how long did it last. When did the swelling go down. Any information would be greatly appreciated. She is very concerned and I know all you bandsters can help her out.

Thanks Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

a Fellow banster (bandgroupie) had this happen to her. we were just banded on 4/4. she still has a bruised looking belly and we're at just over 2 weeks post-op. she hasn't had any other complications with it other than the appearance of bruising, and the swollen baseball hematoma. I think, if i'm not mistaken, she even swelled more past the baseball size i mentioned which happened on day 2 post-op. dr. martinez came to lucerna to visit her, spent an hour and half with her, and had her go back in to have her belly wrapped in a compression bandage. she wrote about it on here somewhere - check under post op or patient testimonials. or email her - she'd be happy to tell you what happened to her. her article said something about no regrets - it's not under general, but one of the other two categories. sorry - i wish I could be more specific.

the swelling started with a baseball size protusion from her belly - we could see it under her shirt. did you call dr. ortiz or dr. martinez? are you still there - if so, please call them. they will help you.

hope this helps!

Hello Bandsters,

Debbie who just got her band put in a few days ago is experiencing swelling and bruising. Has anyone else had this happen and how long did it last. When did the swelling go down. Any information would be greatly appreciated. She is very concerned and I know all you bandsters can help her out.

Thanks Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

it's under patient testimonials - 4/4 banding - i regret nothing by bandgroupie - check it out.

Hello Bandsters,

Thanks Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

Jenn,

If you haven't found it here's her post... I would still go on the web of OCC and call the 24 hour emergency and talk to Dr. Martinez... he answers the phone personally and he will be able to diagnose better if he asks Debbie the questions directly. I'll be praying for Debbie!

Hanna

Hello fellow banditos!

I did wanted to give you all an update after my 4/4 surgery. I was discharged Saturday around 9:00 a.m. and a group of the girls went shopping. While Calicat and I were shopping, I noticed that my port site had protruded - a great bit. It was scary looking. One of our banditos was a RN and she suspected it was a hematoma.

Dr. Martinez (who I absolutely love!) came to the hotel the next morning and looked at my port site, my skin color, my hands, my eyes, my tongue. He said it was a hematoma and made arrangements for me to go back to the clinic that day (Sunday) to be wrapped and for an antibiotic. Nurse Sophia was there on her day off with her beautiful daughter. Sophia wrapped my stomach and filled the elastic wrap with gauze so I could safely fly home the next day. I was given Keflex which is the worse tasting antibiotic made. Bad thing is - we can't swallow pills so I had to crush and swallow. Y.U.C.K.! I was also given a prescription for additional Keflex and Sophia and her daughter drove us back to the hotel.

We flew home yesterday and I had a comfortable-enough flight. The elastic band wrapping made it more comfortable and I believe did the trick because my port site looks so much better. I don't look 9 months pregnant on one half of my belly anymore. However, I do have a huge bruise which is scary to look at. I think now the bruising will change colors to brown and then eventually go away.

I did go back to work today. Remember I was banded Friday around 2. p.m. I'm a paralegal so the heaviest thing I lift is a file (not too heavy, eh)? Managed the day with some white grape juice, a banana popcicle, and some chicken broth. I think I'm starting to like the chicken broth! No rush for me to start the next phase (drinkable yogurts).

I'm not hungry and have to force myself to eat/drink. I'm still sore, especially when getting up and down out of a chair. I'm SO freakin excited about the upcoming weight loss that I cannot stop talking about it

Ohhhh here's a funny. You all will just love this.....I arrived at work today and was called to the front desk to pick up "something." Got there and there was this H.U.G.E. basket of goodies delivered to me from my firm. How hilarious is that!!!!?? There were pretzels, candy bars, cheese, crackers, candy, ohmygawd did I just want to slap the office administrator who ordered it!?!?!?!? Heck yeah .. but I did imagine eating some of the pepper cheese for about 20 seconds.

We're going to open the basket on April 24th!! but hopefully I will be full from some real food and won't care one bit about it! Toodles!