Brusied Port and Swelling

Hello Bandsters,

Debbie who just got her band put in a few days ago is experiencing swelling and bruising. Has anyone else had this happen and how long did it last. When did the swelling go down. Any information would be greatly appreciated. She is very concerned and I know all you bandsters can help her out.

Thanks Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

Ijust replied to your other post in the forum - check out patient testimonials - bandgroupie wrote a post about "small problem on 4/4 - i regret nothing". we were banded on friday and while shopping on saturday, she got a lump under her shirt around her port. it felt like i was gripping a baseball. we went back to the hotel. dr. martinez came to see her, and wrapped her in a compression type bandage wrap. she still has a bruised belly - but it's better than it was. she said her whole belly was black and blue. she had a hematoma.

have your friend call dr. martinez - or if she's still there, call him now so she can be seen.

bandgroupie is 2 weeks post op and it's still swollen and bruised - so it's not going to go away over night - but it will get better day by day.

Hello Bandsters,

Debbie who just got her band put in a few days ago is experiencing swelling and bruising. Has anyone else had this happen and how long did it last. When did the swelling go down. Any information would be greatly appreciated. She is very concerned and I know all you bandsters can help her out.

Thanks Jenn

(Cassie's Mom)

Hi Jen,

I had trouble with my port area also, I had alot of bruising and a lump under my skin. It would "grab" when I turned a certain way and really hurt. I emailed Dr. Ortiz and he emailed me back that that happens sometimes during the healing process. He also said to watch for redness and SWELLING, signs of infection. Debbie should email or call Dr. O, I wouldn't wait! I sure hope she feels better soon!! Best wishes and hugs, Darlene