1st fill today at NYU

Going back to TJ isn't an option for me so I decided to go to NYU for follow up. Attached is an interesting algorithm that they published on band adjustments

http://en.alsomnah.com/downloads/2007-4-1_...ugay%202-04.pdf

Hi Jetdeck!

How did your fill go with Dr. Ren?? Does she use fluro? I'm going back to TJ for my first fill and then hope to hook up with Dr. Ren when I need more. Hope it went well and that you liked her! :yes: Darlene

Yep.. waiting to see how it went. :)

How did it go Jetdeck?? We want details!! :D :cheerleader: :victory: We want to hear how it went with Dr. Ren.

Thanks!

It was an interesting day, mainly because I am a small town girl and I drove to Manhattan by myself which was a trip! For new patients who were not banded at NYU you get an esophogram (sp) done 1st to check band placement, etc. Then up to Ren's office which was pretty small and jammed packed. Nurse does a history and physical, Dr Ren was all business, then she did the fill. She gives you a chart to look at to determine your current level of restriction, then bases that on how much of a fill to give.

I told her I had no restriction so she put in 1cc. Go back every 4 weeks for adjustments.

$40 out of pocket, they will bill insurance for the rest...wondering how that will go since I was banded in MX.

SJ

Thanks Jetdeck! You were brave to drive to NY by yourself, there's no way I'd do that! Did Dr. Ren do your fill with fluro? I'm still not sure who I'll use for my fills... there's a lapband Doc only about 12 miles from me, but refused to see me. :cray:

The terd took my appendix? out in '06, he know's what my innerds look like! LOL!! :laugh1: I'm going to the OCC next month for my first fill...... after that????

• 2 weeks later...

Jetdeck,

I was just wondering how you are doing with ur fill?

I was thinking about going to Dr. Ren or Mount Laurel for my fill since TJ is really not an option for me at this time.

Please respond and let me know how u are doing.

I hope to get my first fill by 5/24, which will be six weeks for me.

thanks

Scared,

Fill has been fine, the experience was very easy and pleasant, I will be getting another fill soon as I am not there yet I really think another .5cc will make a huge difference. I am in the middle of a divorce so I am not the best indicator.

SJ