Another Newbie

I technically am not new to this site, I have been grazing over others posts for quite some time. I finally have a band date after about a year of research, I might add that I found this site and you personal experiences more insightful than any other place I looked. . . so thanks. :D

I do have one question. It seems to me that most of you have been banded by Dr. Ortiz. I am scheduled to be banded by Dr. Martinez and although I am confident that anyone who works for/with Dr. Ortiz would have to be up to his standards, i'm just wondering if any of you can give me some insight on what to expect from Dr. Martinez?!?

I thought they were both in with you at the same time?? Dr. Martinez came in and talked to me before the surgery, explained everything, asked if I had any questions and chatted with me a good 15 min. As he was leaving, he said "Dr. Ortiz will be in shortly to talk to you too. Sure enough, Dr. Ortiz was there shortly after and chatted with me and as he was leaving he said, "see you inside" ... meaning the OR. So by that I assumed they both worked on patients together??? Both Doc's are awesome and make you feel very comfortable with the surgery [the nurses also!] :lb16: Darlene

There are quite a few girls that have been banded by Dr. Martinez, Dr. O has to have a few days off lol..

The first one that comes to is KimmieD, she posts here quite often so I'm sure she will pop in and say hello or you can do a search under the patient testimonials for her experience.

Yes, I was banded by Dr. Martinez and I never even met Dr. Ortiz. I think he was off that day. I was a little worried at first that Dr. O wouldn't be there until I met Dr. Martinez. He is such a strong, confident surgeon. You will be perfectly fine. I was amazed with him.

Hi Doinfi9 and welcome ><'

I too will be banded by Dr. Martinez on April 28, 2008.

At the beginning I was a little sceptic about the fact that Dr. O is not "on duty" this day, but after talking to KimmieD76 and reading all the posts on this forum about the great experience everybody had, I am sooo looking forward to Monday and I think with Dr. M we will be in very good hands !

Don't know when your date is, but maybe we get a chance to meet? I wish you :lb11:

Ute

Hi there and welcome ;):)

I was banded on April 4 by both Drs. Ortiz and Martinez. Dr. Martinez (I'm assuming here) got me started and Dr. Ortiz came in and placed the band and then Dr. Martinez finished. I'm sure that's how it went because I joked with Dr. Martinez the sunday he came to our hotel room - about his doing all the hard work and then Dr. Ortiz coming in on the white horse to place our band..... too funny.

I do want to say that I love Dr. Martinez. He's so kind and sweet and handsome as well. He's the bomb.

GOOD LUCK!

I technically am not new to this site, I have been grazing over others posts for quite some time. I finally have a band date after about a year of research, I might add that I found this site and you personal experiences more insightful than any other place I looked. . . so thanks. :D

I do have one question. It seems to me that most of you have been banded by Dr. Ortiz. I am scheduled to be banded by Dr. Martinez and although I am confident that anyone who works for/with Dr. Ortiz would have to be up to his standards, i'm just wondering if any of you can give me some insight on what to expect from Dr. Martinez?!?

Both surgeons operated on me. I do happen to prefer Dr. Martinez because he spent a lot more time with me and explained things to me better. I can't even remember meeting Dr. Ortiz although I know I did. I had to go back two times the dat after surgery due to some vomitting problems and Dr. Martinez and Dr. Romero took exceptional care of me and answered all my questions and explained things to me very well. If I had to do it all over again, I would have no problem whatsoever dealing with Dr. Martinez only. Dr. Ortiz enjoys the limelight, while Dr. Martinez is more engrossed in his work. So, no worries!

Hi Doinfi9 and welcome ><'

I too will be banded by Dr. Martinez on April 28, 2008.

At the beginning I was a little sceptic about the fact that Dr. O is not "on duty" this day, but after talking to KimmieD76 and reading all the posts on this forum about the great experience everybody had, I am sooo looking forward to Monday and I think with Dr. M we will be in very good hands !

Don't know when your date is, but maybe we get a chance to meet? I wish you :lb11:

Ute

I'm also schedled for the 28th. :-)

I'm also schedled for the 28th. :-)

Great! So that makes at least 2 of us ;-) I do not know of anyone else being scheduled for the 28th but nebsmom's date is I believe the 29th.

My husband and I will arrive on Sunday evening. Scheduled arrival (with Airtran) is 8.40 p.m.

When will you arrive ?

Ute

Great! So that makes at least 2 of us ;-) I do not know of anyone else being scheduled for the 28th but nebsmom's date is I believe the 29th.

My husband and I will arrive on Sunday evening. Scheduled arrival (with Airtran) is 8.40 p.m.

When will you arrive ?

Ute

Actually there are three more coming with me. There are four members of my family being done the same day, so there probably isn't much room for anyone else that day. :D We are flying in early Sunday morning, we wanted some time to play in Tijuana before the surgery so we should see you there.

Actually there are three more coming with me. There are four members of my family being done the same day, so there probably isn't much room for anyone else that day. :D We are flying in early Sunday morning, we wanted some time to play in Tijuana before the surgery so we should see you there.

:party: Way to goooo! See you guys there :D

:party: Way to goooo! See you guys there :D

Which pre-op diet did you all choose and why?

I went with the two week, two shakes and one lean cuisine and until yesterday it was going really well with minimal hunger. I didn't feel well Tuesday so I skipped my afternoon shake and lean cuisine and I think missing those calories made me really hungry for the past two days! I'm almost to go crazy today!! I'm trying really hard not to cheat, I have been losing so well I don't want to jinx myself but if I drink one more glass of water or one more crystal light i'm going to be sick! Since I know you have all been there, what are you doing to keep from cheating during any of the before and after dieting?

Dr. Martinez is the best. =D>

Both Dr. Ortiz and Dr. Martinez do the work together. Cassie and I have actually witnessed an actual surgery while taping Oprah. They are very professional in the operating room and they both do a great job.

Jenn