3 Weeks Postop and NO RESTRICTION

I'm three weeks postop and started eating solid foods again. I have absolutely no restriction on what I eat or how much I eat. I feel nothing different.

I also never had any troubles on the post op diet. Everything went down fine. No chest pains and no shoulder pain.

I'm concerned because even though the band isn't filled, I assumed I would have "some" restriction just from the band being placed.

So, am I really banded?????? or just one kidney short :P (you know who you are!)

Anyone else experience a total lack of restriction prior to first fill?

Thanks!

No need to fear you are totally normal!!!

Most people have initial restriction from swelling after being banded, once the swelling has gone down you won't experience restriction until you have your first fill.

If you think about it having restriction just from the band could be looked at as a bad thing, meaning if you are too tight from a fill or have some sort of complication the doctor can just unfill the band to correct the problem... However if you had the same complication from just the band being placed then you would have no choice but to have the band removed!!

So while it sucks for now (hence the name bandster hell) it will get better once you get your first few fills! Do your best to control your eating for the time being (try using smaller plates, or try eating lean cuisines for portion control) and don't stress too much about it once your band is filled it will do it's job to help you reach your weight loss goals!

MM,

Thanks for the good info and the pep talk.... I definitely needed it!!!!!!

I have already decided to start back on Lean Cuisines but I am so HUNGRY :)

Keep up the good work :) and thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us!

No need to fear you are totally normal!!!

Most people have initial restriction from swelling after being banded, once the swelling has gone down you won't experience restriction until you have your first fill.

If you think about it having restriction just from the band could be looked at as a bad thing, meaning if you are too tight from a fill or have some sort of complication the doctor can just unfill the band to correct the problem... However if you had the same complication from just the band being placed then you would have no choice but to have the band removed!!

So while it sucks for now (hence the name bandster hell) it will get better once you get your first few fills! Do your best to control your eating for the time being (try using smaller plates, or try eating lean cuisines for portion control) and don't stress too much about it once your band is filled it will do it's job to help you reach your weight loss goals!

You're definetely not alone! I'm a month post op and have a little restrction. If I eat too fast or too much I can feel it. It's not "pain" really, it's just very uncomfortable. I can definetely overeat right now, but I pay for it. I'm not getting my first fill till 5-29 [had to wait cause of money] but I'm going to try very hard with my portions until then. Best wishes, Darlene

I am 5 weeks post-op and barely feel any restriction at all, but that is not the point in this stage. Just healing..

I get my first fill on May 6th and then I will worry about restriction.

You're normal!! Don't worry, although it's hard not too sometimes. I was eating like a horse, so I put myself back on the Adkins diet so I wouldn't gain the weight back I already lost. I was banded 3/24 bit don't get my first fill until May 26. Wish it was sooner, but I have to fly so far and tickets are expensive!

Very Normal....No worries....I still don't have as much restriction as I would like to have after first fill...but getting ready for 2nd fill next month.... ><' Can't wait....