Think is cheating??

Hey everybody!!!

I've been wondering... What does everyone think of taking Phentermine post-op? Think its cheating? Why or why not?

My Dr. Fill (hahaha) really pushes the stuff because it curbs cravings for carbs/sugar/salt and its a stimulant to keep ya moving.

Any thoughts and/or comments are appreciated!

I am not a "phan" of phentermine... there are risks involved with taking the drug more for than a month or two.

None of my doctors will even prescribe it.

Good luck!!!!

Hey everybody!!!

I've been wondering... What does everyone think of taking Phentermine post-op? Think its cheating? Why or why not?

My Dr. Fill (hahaha) really pushes the stuff because it curbs cravings for carbs/sugar/salt and its a stimulant to keep ya moving.

I've taken phen. in the past and although it help me lose weight short term, I never liked how it made me feel. I was always jumpy, couldn't sleep well at night and my heart would flutter. I don't think it's cheating [there are people that think lapband is cheating] I think people should do what they feel works for them and is supervised by a Doc. :)

I sort of do think its cheating..not to sound harsh..and sorry if i do! I went thru bandster hell just like everyone else who has been banded, and it was hard, REALLY HARD.but it made me VERY proud of myself bc i continuted to lose for a while and then maintained. As the weight comes off, your energy level will rise. The band is there to curb your appetite, and the rest is in your mind. I have grown SO much as a person in the last 2-3 months, dealing with my eating issues and learning about being hungry and being full and I just think that taking a pill is just like putting a blanket over your issues.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I don't think there's really such a thing as cheating, there's just healthy and unhealthy. Those diet pills always struck me as incredibly unhealthy and ineffective as they are in the same family as speed. They may work in the short term but since you haven't really made the lifestyle changes needed to get the weight off, the weight will be more likely to come back once you get off them.

Hey everybody!!!

I agree that there is healthy and unhealthy, and my doctor views this as unhealthy. One other thing mentioned was the pride in completing the post-op diet. I think pride in accomplishment is as important as weight loss for those of us with terrible self-esteem. One thing I noticed on Biggest Loser (which I don't have access to,) is that every time the contestants completed one of the terribly difficult challenges, (and they all completed all of them,) they had a TREMENDOUS self-esteem boost in doing something they didn't believe possible. I have to believe that completing the 3 weeks post-op really did the same for me.. I was PROUD of myself. I hope you feel the same pride in yourself after your three weeks are over.

I myself would give the band a chance to work....if that's not satisfying enough, then talk to your band doctor and family physician about the other meds.....Good Luck.... ><'