What's PBing & Sliming like???

I was eating some rotisery[?] chicken and I think I ate it too fast. I got an awful pain in my chest and right up the back of my throat. My mouth started watering and it felt like the chicken was right behind my tongue and was going to come up. I leaned over the sink and gaged [sorry about any visual experiances you may be having] my mouth watered really bad and the chicken would not come up. OMG did it hurt!! It only lasted about 2 minutes, but felt like forever. Is this what other bandsters describe as "sliming"? I never had a problem with chicken before [i'm one month postop.] Should I now go on liquids for 2 days to let everything settle down? Thanks for any and all help.... that was a little scarey! :unsure: Darlene

Thanks Evette! I don't think the food was stuck, I'm not sure though. If it was stuck at first, I think it's moved through now. My stomach hurts a little now but doesn't feel like a lump in there. At the time it was happening, it felt like my esophagus [?] was full of chicken and it was backed up to the back of my tongue. [Gosh, this is hard to describe!] I'm going to go on liquids for at least one day... no more fast eating for me! :bad: :punish:

I was eating some rotisery[?] chicken and I think I ate it too fast. I got an awful pain in my chest and right up the back of my throat. My mouth started watering and it felt like the chicken was right behind my tongue and was going to come up. I leaned over the sink and gaged [sorry about any visual experiances you may be having] my mouth watered really bad and the chicken would not come up. OMG did it hurt!! It only lasted about 2 minutes, but felt like forever. Is this what other bandsters describe as "sliming"? I never had a problem with chicken before [i'm one month postop.] Should I now go on liquids for 2 days to let everything settle down? Thanks for any and all help.... that was a little scarey! :unsure: Darlene

That is EXACTLY what happened to me... exactly.. hurt for about 3 hours afterwards. :lb20:

That happened earlier this afternoon and my stomach still hurts a little and my throat's sore. I've only had water and tea since and tomorrow and staying on liquids. I bought some drinkable yogurt and some more soup. Live and learn, I guess!! Unfortunately I had to do it the hard way! :fool:

WHEN I'VE SLIMMED, IT'S SLIM, LIKE HUGE AMOUNTS OF JUST THAT, SLIM. NO IDEA WHERE IT COMES FROM BUT YOU HAVE TO SPIT THAT STUFF UP AND OUT CUZ IT'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE ELSE. I KNOW GROSS BUT IT HAPPENS

• 1 month later...