Post Op Alcohol

Kia

Not to sound like an alcoholic or anything, :wacko: but I want to know if there a glass of wine is ok. I drink wine occassionally. I was banded on 4/22, and feel absolutley great. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is ok to have a alcohol, post op. I'm going out with my husband and wanted to be sure.

Alcohol is fine but many people find that their tolerance is not what it used to be, I imagine it has to do with having less food in your stomach to absorb the alcohol... Remember you can't drink ANYTHING with a meal (this includes wine) and ideally you should be waiting 30min to an hour before and after meals before drinking..

:ph34r: I waited 10 day, 4 hours, 33 minutes and approx 30 seconds before pouring myself a glass of my favorite red wine.

I am now 4 weeks post op and probably drink a bottle of red wine a week, maybe every 10 days, and tonight I enjoyed a lemon drop. I always remind myself that alcohol is "empty" calories and I get no nutritional benefit from it.. but for me it evens out because it makes me not want to beat the crap out my boyfriend at the end of the day! :ireful2:

xoxoxo

Not to sound like an alcoholic or anything, :wacko: but I want to know if there a glass of wine is ok. I drink wine occassionally. I was banded on 4/22, and feel absolutley great. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is ok to have a alcohol, post op. I'm going out with my husband and wanted to be sure.

I was told it was ok after I think she said 3 months with the exception of carbonated drinks, champagne and beer. She said your ability to consume will be greatly reduced. I have had several cocktails. Good luck.

drink.jpg

I heard take it easy when you drink, the fluid does not take time to absorb like it did before and I heard you can get a bit toasty faster then before. Good Luck Jenn

I've gone out twice and had cocktails (6 one time, 3 the next - boy, I sound like a lush!)... and haven't had any problems. I haven't had a fill yet though.

Shew I'm glad I won't have to give up my margaritas after I have surgery. At least my margaritaville frozen concoction machine will get some use this summer. :wacko: