How much should you be drinking during post op?

OK...I got banded on 4/21, so today is one week. I've been very good about following the post-op guidelines on WHAT to drink. Now I enter into my 7th day and am now include liquid yogurt, creamy soups and protein drinks.

Exactly how much of these should I be having? This morning, starting @ 7 am I had a Dannon liquid yogurt, 2 hours later an Optifast, then Special K protein water. At lunch I had a Slimfast, more protein water during the afternoon. After work I had some beef broth, then another Slimfast. I tried a few spoonfuls of creamy potato soup. Around 9:30 I drank another Optifast...not necessarily because I was hungry, just thinking I should be having lots to drink and lots of protein. Was this too much? I don't think the calories even hit 1000.

I actually did better last week with just the chicken broth, protein water and tea. I have dropped about 5 lbs since banding.

HELP!!!!!!

Barb

My doctor told me to drink a gallon of water a day.

If I did that, I'd be floating to work!

OK...I got banded on 4/21, so today is one week. I've been very good about following the post-op guidelines on WHAT to drink. Now I enter into my 7th day and am now include liquid yogurt, creamy soups and protein drinks.

Exactly how much of these should I be having? This morning, starting @ 7 am I had a Dannon liquid yogurt, 2 hours later an Optifast, then Special K protein water. At lunch I had a Slimfast, more protein water during the afternoon. After work I had some beef broth, then another Slimfast. I tried a few spoonfuls of creamy potato soup. Around 9:30 I drank another Optifast...not necessarily because I was hungry, just thinking I should be having lots to drink and lots of protein. Was this too much? I don't think the calories even hit 1000.

I actually did better last week with just the chicken broth, protein water and tea. I have dropped about 5 lbs since banding.

HELP!!!!!!

Barb