PMS

So a week before my period, I was RAVENOUS. With no fill and no restriction, I was munching non-stop. No matter what I ate, I was constantly hungry. Granted, I was really trying to be conscious about what I was munching on (trying to choose healthier things) but I was still taking in about 1300-1500 calories a day during that "hell week". Add to that the water retention, and it's made me one very disagreeable person lately. Right now, I'm 2 pounds higher than I was this time last week, and my fingers are crossed it's all water weight. Hey, it's possible! LOL!

I have to say, I never noticed this before. I can't recall being any hungrier around "that time" than any other time... but then again, I was always eating, so I don't know that I ever really felt hunger anyway. Hmmmmm... :-?

This morning marked the arrival of Aunt Flo, and the end of my munchies. I've only had about 600-700 calories, and I'm back to feeling indifferent toward food.

I am posting this wondering if anyone else has had the same experience. I'm hoping I can schedule a fill before this time next month - because I don't know if I can go through that again! OY!!!

Hmmmmm... so I'm the only one who could've eaten a baby? ("GET IN MY BELLY!")

I'll confess, I was scared to death. I wasn't sure that it was the PMS or that I was simply back to my old eating habits and I would have to wean myself off food again.

Well, if no one else had this issue, I'm happy. Well, I'm not happy that it was ME - but... ah, you know what I mean. ;-)

Also, that 2 lbs. has disappeared since yesterday - so it was definitely water weight. I just hope I've got another pound or two of water that'll be gone by the end of the week. That would be great! :-)

Honey, I understand all too well. If you read my post "11 days", it mentioned I'm currently experiencing the worst period of my life. basically 3 months of periods at once. I got my period on the 14th and I'm STILL on it. my weight has been fluctuating like crazy and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when it's over, a lot of the weight I've been retaining is water weight.

Good luck! :)

Hmmmmm... so I'm the only one who could've eaten a baby? ("GET IN MY BELLY!")

I'll confess, I was scared to death. I wasn't sure that it was the PMS or that I was simply back to my old eating habits and I would have to wean myself off food again.

Well, if no one else had this issue, I'm happy. Well, I'm not happy that it was ME - but... ah, you know what I mean. ;-)

Also, that 2 lbs. has disappeared since yesterday - so it was definitely water weight. I just hope I've got another pound or two of water that'll be gone by the end of the week. That would be great! :-)

Hi,

I haven't been band yet but I always have that unable to get full with my period. I get one day at the begininng and one at the end. I have had that for as long as I can remember. It is one of the ways I know I am about to start.

Lorrie

Don't worry BeBe you are perfectly normal!! Here's an article so you know you're not alone:

Variations in food preference and consumption across the menstrual cycle.

Bowen DJ, Grunberg NE.

Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104.

There is some evidence that food consumption changes across the menstrual cycle. However, archived studies tend to rely on self-report data and do not differentiate among types of food eaten. The present laboratory study was designed to measure women's taste preferences and specific food consumption across the menstrual cycle. Women came into the laboratory, consumed everyday foods, and rated them on taste judgment scales. The foods were weighed before and after the tasting session to determine amount eaten. After the tasting session, subjects completed several questionnaires (e.g., measures of affect, restrained eating, menstrual cycle and menstrual symptoms). Physical measurements (e.g., height, weight) were taken at the end of the session.

Results- Sweet food consumption and preference ratings were significantly higher during the premenstrual period. Consumption and ratings of other foods did not differ. There were no differences in levels of mood, obesity, or restrained eating across the menstrual cycle. Low restraint was associated with reporting fewer menstrual symptoms, in general, and slightly better mood. These results support the idea that specific taste preferences change over the menstrual cycle, and that endocrinological factors could be involved in this phenomenon.