The Witching Hours... I have the pre-opt munchies

2mara

Hi All!

This is a pre-op diet question so I hope I have it posted in the right area. My surgery dates is 5/30 and I started my pre-op diet yesterday. I need to lose 12 pounds so I thought I better start early instead of later.

I seem to do very well during the day but from 8 pm to 10 pm I find myself walking to the fridge and pantry every 5 minutes looking for something to eat! I think a huge part of my weight problem is that I have always eaten dinner late, between 8 and 10. What I'm just now realizing is that I ate dinner the entire 2 hours between 8 & 10!!!! :huh:

Back in the B.C. years (Before Children) I could imagine using this time to walk on the treadmill to take my mind off the munchies. But that just isn't possible right now -- 8 to 10 means baths, packing lunches & backpacks, laundry, mail/bills, laying out clothes for tomorrow, answering work emails, etc. etc. My husband travels most weeknights so I don't have help with running the household / kids during the week and I work a solid 60+ hours a week (and I'm taking real estate classes on-line in the evenings.) It's just a crazy period of the day for me and I must be stress eating. It's definitely my witching hour(s)!

Any suggestions? Should I just chomp on celery untill I turn green or go to bed hungry?

~Tanya

Hi All!

This is a pre-op diet question so I hope I have it posted in the right area. My surgery dates is 5/30 and I started my pre-op diet yesterday. I need to lose 12 pounds so I thought I better start early instead of later.

I seem to do very well during the day but from 8 pm to 10 pm I find myself walking to the fridge and pantry every 5 minutes looking for something to eat! I think a huge part of my weight problem is that I have always eaten dinner late, between 8 and 10. What I'm just now realizing is that I ate dinner the entire 2 hours between 8 & 10!!!! :huh:

Back in the B.C. years (Before Children) I could imagine using this time to walk on the treadmill to take my mind off the munchies. But that just isn't possible right now -- 8 to 10 means baths, packing lunches & backpacks, laundry, mail/bills, laying out clothes for tomorrow, answering work emails, etc. etc. My husband travels most weeknights so I don't have help with running the household / kids during the week and I work a solid 60+ hours a week (and I'm taking real estate classes on-line in the evenings.) It's just a crazy period of the day for me and I must be stress eating. It's definitely my witching hour(s)!

Any suggestions? Should I just chomp on celery untill I turn green or go to bed hungry?

~Tanya

Hey Tanya! :lb12:

I am freaking about the pounds before the band too. I have a week to go and you know its just a few weeks for a life time of health. I told my husband I feel like I have been in a fat suit for sooo long and put your mind in the right zone and dont look back. Good Luck !!

BMAC

Eat the celery, or find no calorie/low calorie treats/candies, that's what I had to do and what I still do. I'm a late night eater and I make sure I can make it through I have the sugar free candies or my new favorite thing Skinny cow ice cream on hand in case of emergency snacking. (Sugar free hot chocolate seems to cure the urge as well) There's plenty of low calorie, no sugar treats to find out there - and once you get the band (as long as you have a tight fill) a little will go a long way.

try having an EAS protein drink to keep you full! the one with the highest protein will be the best to keep you from getting hungry during the hours. when things get crazy... try putting on music that relaxes you or one that makes you think of a happy memory. or... try putting on music that your children will sing and relax with... if they're happy and calm you will be too... all this in theory of course. good luck..

hanna:)

Make it a rule not to eat after a certain time - I think it's supposed to be 6 p.m. but 7:00 p.m. is more reasonable around my house.

No food after 6 or 7 p.m. :)

Hi All!

~Tanya