Arkansas Connections

Has anyone from Arkansas had the lap band procedure performed recently in Mexico? If so, have you been able to find fill doctors here or in surrounding states? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, PatU

Has anyone from Arkansas had the lap band procedure performed recently in Mexico? If so, have you been able to find fill doctors here or in surrounding states? Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, PatU

Pat,

Dr. Ortiz has put together a list of doctors on a special website www.FillCentersUSA.com.

I didn't see any currently in Arkansas, but not knowing where in Arkansas you are, maybe you'll find one close by in the nearest state.

Darrin

Thanks, Darrin!

I live in Central Arkansas and it looks like the Louisiana office is less than 200 miles. That works for me. I just wasn't all that keen about flying back and forth to Mexico for fills. I have an appointment with a doctor here in Little Rock on Wednesday for a consult. I'd like to be able to compare the two to make an informed decision. However, this board has been invaluable so far for general information and patient experiences. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

PatU

Hi PatU,

I was banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey on May 17. I'm in Fayetteville, and I will be going to a nurse practitioner in Coffeyville, KS. She only charges $150 for the first fill and $100 thereafter. Although, they don't have a fluoroscope yet, they use X-rays. I understand they are trying to get a fluoroscope though.

Cathy

Thanks, PatU

I live in central Arkansas and was banded in March in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico by Dr. Joya. I have my fills in Little Rock by Dr. Rex Luttrell under fluoro...although I haven't needed one yet! I'm scheduled for July 12, but I'm still losing and still have restriction. I doubt he'll give me a fill!

I live in central Arkansas and was banded in March in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico by Dr. Joya. I have my fills in Little Rock by Dr. Rex Luttrell under fluoro...although I haven't needed one yet! I'm scheduled for July 12, but I'm still losing and still have restriction. I doubt he'll give me a fill!

Thanks! I have an appointment with Dr. Luttrell tomorrow (7/5/06) and am wondering if he will mention the fact that he does fills for other doctors. Glad to hear that I wouldn't have to travel far if I decide to have the procedure.

PatU

Hi PatU,

I was banded by Dr. Rodriguez in Monterrey on May 17. I'm in Fayetteville, and I will be going to a nurse practitioner in Coffeyville, KS. She only charges $150 for the first fill and $100 thereafter. Although, they don't have a fluoroscope yet, they use X-rays. I understand they are trying to get a fluoroscope though.

Cathy

Thank you, Cathy, I appreciate the information.

PatU

• 1 year later...