Banded 3+ weeks ago

:lb6: Hi everyone,

Iwas banded on April 8th and since then I have only lost about 5 pounds.

i have to be honest and say that i didn't follow the pre-op diet and lost no weight before the procedure.

since being banded, i have been soooooo good. no late night eating, no binges. lean cusine for lunch and dinner, exercise, but

i'm not losing like i thought i would.

my 1st fill is scheduled for may 19th.

does it get better?

will i lose?

I feel really depressed.

Claire

Have you followed the post op diet? When did you start eating lean cuisines? You shouldn't be on the pre op diet after you are banded.

If you need the post op diet info, let us know.

I do know Dr. Miranda wants us to eat "real" food once we have completed the liquid and mushy stages.

Also, I've read about "bandster hell" which is when you are between surgery and your first fill, which is what you are experiencing!

Hugs!

Jena

Also, you may not be getting ENOUGH calories and your body's in starvation mode. Try to count how many calories you're getting in a day. I believe we're supposed to get 1200. Don't worry though, I'm not losing either, I'm maintaining. I go 5-29 for my first fill. Chin up, it'll work out. :) Darlene

Thank you for all the posts.

to answer an earlier qusetion, i did follow/ am following the post-op diet.

I did start eating some solids around day 17, but i feel they were good choices.

I do realize that that is better than GAINING 5lbs., which believe me, i could have

EASILY done. i guess i just thought i would really be able to tell (feel it) ya know?

when does the weight loss really start to occur?

Claire ><'

Hi Claire,

I was banded 4/4 and have had about the same luck with weight loss after my banding as you have had.

I lost 18 lbs. on the pre op diet and only about 6 or 8 pounds since. Scales usually reflect 6.

I feel that I've made good choices and haven't went crazy with anything but am not reflecting the same weight loss as others (someone lost 35 lbs in two weeks after banding ... MY GAWD).

So....

The important things to remember are:

1. We're losing.

2. We will be going for our first fill.

3. We're new at this.

4. The scales lie because I've been asked - WOW how much weight have you lost?? I tell them "one pound, 2 ounces!" :):)

5. We are going to be thinner!!!!

:lb6: Hi everyone,

Iwas banded on April 8th and since then I have only lost about 5 pounds.

i have to be honest and say that i didn't follow the pre-op diet and lost no weight before the procedure.

since being banded, i have been soooooo good. no late night eating, no binges. lean cusine for lunch and dinner, exercise, but

i'm not losing like i thought i would.

my 1st fill is scheduled for may 19th.

does it get better?

will i lose?

I feel really depressed.

Claire

I was told not to worry about weight loss until after my first fill. This is the time to heal and get a feel for your band. I'm trying to make good food choices and not to over eat [i still do some times] and I'm walking. I don't like exercise but I realize I have to move. My daughter swims for a local YMCA and she has practice 3 times a week and I walk while she swims. I'm satisfied with staying the same weight for right now, at least I'm not gaining. The weight loss will come, be patient and try to make good food choices and try to get the calories you need. :) Darlene

Claire - all I have to say is Way to go on losing 5 lbs so far. Keep in mind that many, many people gain weight right after the band before their first fill. If you'll just remember that you'll be very proud of yourself. And that is the key - stay positive. You'll do fine. I am having my first fill tomorrow and I wll let you guys know how it goes.

Hi Claire,

I was banded with you on April 8th and have only lost 8 pounds so far.... I am very frustrated as well.

I have been going to the gym almost everyday, and really watching what I have been eating, but the weight loss is so slow????

Hopefully fills will turn it around for both of us.

Don't worry, it will happen!!! We just have to be patient and persistent.

Hang in there, you are doing great ><' , you are definately not alone!!

Lynn

hi lynn,

great to hear from you. i am glad that i am not the only one

of us struggling, it's just that you read on the site about people losing

tremendous amounts by now and i am not.

well....i will just wait to see how it goes after my 1st fill- may 19th.

thanks for your support,

Claire

I only lost 4 pounds....during the 6 week period between banding and fill. I did however, lose inches.

This is normal as everyones body and metabolism is different. Don't sweat it, you are on the right path and you will change for the better.

Chins up everyone, your on your way to a new you!!!!

it's hard to say sometimes what we have actually lost. i was banded 4-7, i had lost 10#preop by my scales. when dr. miranda weighed me i had lost 15# preop. now by my scales i have only lost 3 more pounds. it will soon be a month and only 3 # lost, that s**ks. i am not gaining but i would like to see something for all my hard work. i have begun eating real food now and no real difference. i do sometimes feel i am eating too much and sometimes not. i can eat anything, pasta, bread, you name it. i haven't had any alcohol, but i may have a margarita today, we'll see. i do drink a protein drink every morning so i get 60 g of protein a day, but i really want to drop a few pounds a week, and i have been walking or on the gazelle. so there you go...other than that me and my bandito are great!

reneej

i have never been a big drinker of any liquids. now i will drink a small sip if i am eating something spicey. i think it is supposed to be bad after you have been banded, but i haven't been so no trouble for me

There's a lot of us who lose very little between our band date, and our first fill date. I'm one of them!!

I lost 10 pounds the first week and I've gone up 2 and down 2 ever since. Dr. Miranda said no worries - our weight loss journey will be begin after the fills. Anything else now is just bonus!