My First Fill In Arinlington WA

Well I had my first fill yestereday at 2:00 in the afternoon. Didn't have a florouscope, it took them two tries but they finally found the port. I have lost so much weight since the surgery my tummy is pulling the port down and in. They filled to 1.6 cc, they gave me a small glass of water, the water got stuck it felt so weird like I had a big lump in the throat. They layed me back down and took out .4 cc and I felt the water rush through the stoma (kind of cool). I was 24 hours on liquids, and now on mushies for another 24. Have had no problems and feel just great. I love being banded, my husband and I call it JR. Will know tomorrow night how it is with regular food. They told me to remember to chew, chew, chew and take the full 20 minutes. ><'

Congratulations Bobbi... sounds like things are going well for you and JR. =D> You say you've lost so much weight since being banded, but yet alot of bandster's aren't losing any weight between banding and first fill. Any idea what the difference could be? Thanks!

All I have been doing is taking the full 20 minutes to eat and starving (no just kidding). I don't know how I did it. I excerise every day for 45 minutes, I make the time the family can't even disturb me anymore. I ate small meals even when I started getting hungry. I also went throught therapy to understand real hunger and mental hunger. I lost 28 pounds from the day of surgery to now.

Definitely Good Job.

I can't wait until I go to bed and wake up 30 lbs. lighter!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN :)

That's great! I emailed the clinic and they one of them is a Husky alumni - yeah! I'm going to use them for my 2nd and thereafter fills. I'm going back to Dr. O for my first though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am doing my research to get lapband surgery in Mexico. I am trying to find a fill doctor near Whatcom County, WA. Who do you use in Arlington? And what are the fees like? Any info you could give me would be great. It would be great to hear about your experience.

Hi,

I am doing my research to get lapband surgery in Mexico. I am trying to find a fill doctor near Whatcom County, WA. Who do you use in Arlington? And what are the fees like? Any info you could give me would be great. It would be great to hear about your experience.

They call themselves Fill Management Northwest, the are in the Arlington Pharmacy. Real easy access to get there. I did the same thing you are going through. I wanted to make sure there was some place to get the fill and information along this journey. They are wonderful women ath the clinic. You will also find that Dr. Ortiz and his group are wonderful too. This is the best gift I could have ever given myself. Good luck on you journey.