Private or Public Banding

I told a few people before I went and my family. Now, most of my fellow teachers know. They could not be more supportive of me. I started seeing a guy and told him..I figure if it was going to work we both had to be honest...he actually called me for the first time while I was in TJ. :wacko: He just asked a few questions and asks whether a fill is considered surgery....so all in all I am very glad I have told people.....

Wow!! I told everyone I knew except for my son's piano teacher, and his baseball team!!

I was really happy and proud to tell everyone - no one, not one person questioned the expense. They all feel it was worth it. The only thing they questioned was why TJ. And when I told them I would fly anywhere in the world to have Dr. Ortiz perform my surgery - they got it.

I appreciated the support I received, as well as, the accomodations at home and work during the recovery. They all helped me bounce back =D>

I chose not to tell people I was getting banded. The only people that know are my husband, a friend that came with me to TJ and another friend that first told me about the surgery. I have a few different reasons for not telling people; I didn't want to hear about the 'dangers' of getting surgery in Mexico or have all my skinny friends share once again how they stay skinny by not eating dessert for a few weeks (I have never eaten dessert my entire life) or by cutting out their morning pastry. I may tell a few close friends eventually but we'll see how the band works for me first. Please share your story.

I choose not to tell many people. I only told my husband, one of my sisters, and my mom. I only told my mom cuz I need her to take care of my two small boys, but other than that I do not want anybody else to know. I do not want to be asked 100 questions especially because I'm having the surgery in Mexico. So i guess I would say that I'm being private about my decision. :rolleyes:

I have told my inlaws, my three sisters, and a couple of friends. After I brought it up, my MIL pulled out a couple of articles she had saved out of the paper for when I decided I ws ready. My FIL and baby sister were NOT thrilled with Mexico. FIL has been convinced by the research I did that it is all good, sister continues to think I am nuts. The other two sisters and one friend think it is wonderful. The sisters are looking at what I think of the process and location then may do it themselves. Another friend began to try to have me analyze what made me fat to begin with. The underlying causes of the overeating. She was told that "If I wanted to talk to a counselor I would have called one, so shut up." She actually responded with. "I am just supposed to be a supportive friend right now aren't I?" and when I said yes, she was ok with that.

My 5 year old daughter was told I am going to see a doctor that will help mommy feel better. That is all she needs to know other than we love her and she is to have fun at grandma's house while we are gone. I showed her on the globe how far we are traveling.