upcoming fill in chicago

SO i will be having my first fill here in chicago, and i was wondering if the people who got it there before know if he does little fills or regular fills like Dr. O. i know that he uses x ray but i dont think is the same as florou.

SO i will be having my first fill here in chicago, and i was wondering if the people who got it there before know if he does little fills or regular fills like Dr. O. i know that he uses x ray but i dont think is the same as florou.

Who is the doctor and where in Chicago?

Hi Doolittle and Lock27...

Thanks Doolittle for telling the forum about Dr. Vitello in Downers Grove. I was happy to find a doctor nearby (well at least closer than Mexico) who is willing to take on the Mexico patients AND uses fluoro. I'm in Fort Wayne and the few doctors we have here either don't do fluoro, but will take the Mexico patients, or have the fluoro, but turn their noses up at the OCC patients.

I'm trying to get scheduled for my first fill with Dr. Vitello...it's funny doing all this through email. I didn't ask if I could just call for an appointment. He's responses in email are very simple and abrupt. If I once thought traveling down to Mexico for surgery seemed a little shady, now trying to schedule an appointment "discreetly" through email seems even stranger. LOL.

Have you used Dr. Vitello consistently for your fills? Do you just go to the hospital first? or do you go to Dr. Vitello's office?

Lock27....when are you going for your fill? He has offered me May 23rd, which is 3 days short of 5 weeks since surgery. I don't know if that's too soon. It will take me about 4 hours to drive to Downers Grove from Fort Wayne and due to my job, Fridays are the best time to take off...and due to Dr. Vitello's schedule, his availability is limited.

I feel fine, very little restriction. What restriction I do have is self imposed simply because I fear stretching the pouch. I just don't want to test the limits of my band and have an episode of PBing/sliming. I consider myself very lucky considering all those on the forum who have had some nasty moments.

I am so looking forward to this first fill so I can finally get the full impact of what this band is all about.

Barb

Hi Doolittle and Lock27...

Thanks Doolittle for telling the forum about Dr. Vitello in Downers Grove. I was happy to find a doctor nearby (well at least closer than Mexico) who is willing to take on the Mexico patients AND uses fluoro. I'm in Fort Wayne and the few doctors we have here either don't do fluoro, but will take the Mexico patients, or have the fluoro, but turn their noses up at the OCC patients.

I'm trying to get scheduled for my first fill with Dr. Vitello...it's funny doing all this through email. I didn't ask if I could just call for an appointment. He's responses in email are very simple and abrupt. If I once thought traveling down to Mexico for surgery seemed a little shady, now trying to schedule an appointment "discreetly" through email seems even stranger. LOL.

Have you used Dr. Vitello consistently for your fills? Do you just go to the hospital first? or do you go to Dr. Vitello's office?

Lock27....when are you going for your fill? He has offered me May 23rd, which is 3 days short of 5 weeks since surgery. I don't know if that's too soon. It will take me about 4 hours to drive to Downers Grove from Fort Wayne and due to my job, Fridays are the best time to take off...and due to Dr. Vitello's schedule, his availability is limited.

I feel fine, very little restriction. What restriction I do have is self imposed simply because I fear stretching the pouch. I just don't want to test the limits of my band and have an episode of PBing/sliming. I consider myself very lucky considering all those on the forum who have had some nasty moments.

I am so looking forward to this first fill so I can finally get the full impact of what this band is all about.

Barb

Hi Barb,

I am seeing Dr J Vitello on May 23 for a fill in Downers Grove at 6:30pm!!!!

I know a patient of his that is doing very well and has good restriction. He is a great doctor.

I hope to meet you!

Shampoo

Banded 2/26/08