fill center usa

OK today I spoke to the lady at the fill center usa just north of atlanta. she was very nice even after i told her i was going back to dr. o for my first fill. has anyone used this location yet? i understand they don't use a fluroscopy, is that right? she said they just have you drink to see how much you can hold. at first they take out what fluid you have in you to see how much you had and then add that amount and more. What do ya'll think. She also said they were considering opening a place either in tn., al, or ms. or ky. that would be closer for me and i hope for others too.

So if you have used this particular location, please give me your insight.

thanks,

reneej

Renee, If you are talking about the fill center in Roswell, I just went there Saturday for my first fill. And everything was wonderful. Darlene, the nurse practitioner that does the fills there, is absolutely wonderful. Also Darlene will not do a fill without fluoroscopy. She requires it. She has you to drink barium and watches the speed at which it goes down to determine your fill. Then you sit in the waiting room with a bottle of water and sip for 20 minutes to make sure all goes down well. I totally recommend her. She is wonderful and everyone there is great. I have 4cc band and my first fill was 3cc. I know that sounds like a lot but everything is going down fine as long as I chew my food properly (ate a couple of bites of pasta today and did not chew enough - very painful). But the next couple of bites went down fine after chewing more. I am very happy with my experience there and my fill. I have a lot of restriction and hopefully will not need another fill for a few months but we will see. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

thanks,

is that location just north of norcross, ga? i am so glad it went well for you. i can fly on frequent flyer miles to tj. but it's a long hard trip. i could actually do it in a day, man could you imagine the jet lag :wacko: i am about 4hours from atlanta, so that's not bad. we might could even pick up a braves game. so how do i know what size band i have. i read my card and it says like a 10cc band. would that be right? i would love to have a fill like what you got, with lots of restriction. right now i can eat everything with out a bit of trouble. :blink:

stay tuned,

reneej

Renee, If you are talking about the fill center in Roswell, I just went there Saturday for my first fill. And everything was wonderful. Darlene, the nurse practitioner that does the fills there, is absolutely wonderful. Also Darlene will not do a fill without fluoroscopy. She requires it. She has you to drink barium and watches the speed at which it goes down to determine your fill. Then you sit in the waiting room with a bottle of water and sip for 20 minutes to make sure all goes down well. I totally recommend her. She is wonderful and everyone there is great. I have 4cc band and my first fill was 3cc. I know that sounds like a lot but everything is going down fine as long as I chew my food properly (ate a couple of bites of pasta today and did not chew enough - very painful). But the next couple of bites went down fine after chewing more. I am very happy with my experience there and my fill. I have a lot of restriction and hopefully will not need another fill for a few months but we will see. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

I will be using the fill center in Roswell (being banded May 26th). Misty I am glad to hear you like it there. I just cannot go to TJ everytime I need a fill although I wish I could. I am in the Lawrenceville area.........

LeaLove

Hi Blazn,

Could you say how much the fill in Roswell costs? In July I will be moving to N. Carolina and TJ will not be as convenient as now.

Fill Centers USA charges $349 for the initial visit and $165 for subsequent fills. However, fluoroscopy is required and it costs extra. The initial fluoro costs $200 and subsequent fluoro is $120. So to make it easier - initial fill $549 and subsequent fills $285.

But as you can see by my first fill being 3cc in a 4cc band, Darlene is very aggressive, which hopefully means I won't have to have too many. That is a huge plus for me!!

thanks,

is that location just north of norcross, ga? i am so glad it went well for you. i can fly on frequent flyer miles to tj. but it's a long hard trip. i could actually do it in a day, man could you imagine the jet lag :wacko: i am about 4hours from atlanta, so that's not bad. we might could even pick up a braves game. so how do i know what size band i have. i read my card and it says like a 10cc band. would that be right? i would love to have a fill like what you got, with lots of restriction. right now i can eat everything with out a bit of trouble. :blink:

stay tuned,

reneej

Yes, Roswell is just northwest of Norcorss. Wow - and yes to TJ and back in 1 day would be gruesome. Just like Michelle said, check your card again and make sure it says 10cc and not 10cm. Mine says 10cm - which is a 4cc band.

I will be using the fill center in Roswell (being banded May 26th). Misty I am glad to hear you like it there. I just cannot go to TJ everytime I need a fill although I wish I could. I am in the Lawrenceville area.........

LeaLove

Wow - you are close. Yes, I would definately use this location if I were you. I am in south GA and had to drive 4 hours. There is another fill center in Moultrie which is only 1 hour from me but Darlene (the same NP that goes to Roswell) only goes there once every two months and she was not going to be back until June 14, so I decided to drive so I didn't have to wait. Good luck on the surgery. Keep us posted.

- Misty

How long in advance did you schedule your first fill ? I'm only 1 week post op but was wondering ;-)

~Ute~

About 3 weeks post op I made my appt. I was about to burst waiting on it to get here. Glad it finally did.

About 3 weeks post op I made my appt. I was about to burst waiting on it to get here. Glad it finally did.

9 days post op and I think I'm getting the feeling of hunger? LOL I really hope that banster hell will not be too hard on me and I'm really looking forward to getting my fill in Roswell ;-) It is about 10 miles from work or 30 miles from home so this is very very convenient for me!

Maybe we GA girls/boys can meet up for a fill or so :D

~Ute~