3 MONTHS BANDED AND HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS

hi to you all its been 3 months now and i had my 3rd fill the other day. GEEEEEEEEEEE what a diffrence i am abit confused as i can only eat 2 bites and then i have to wait 15 mins for it to go down and then continue, it is so time consuming. Also buy the fith bite i cant eat anymore as i have a traffic jam in my throat waiting for it to go down and settle but i dont have the feeling of fullness, even though i cant eat anymore as i will vomit to get some relief.

Since im having only small amounts of food i get hungry quicker about 3 hrs, but my second fill i could eat a whole sandwich no problem and i lasted about 4 to 5 hrs.

well im confused i shouldn't be hungry frequantly, i cant eat a small meal and if i try i will vomit, so i find i can only have little bites to eat very slowly upto an hour thats the only way i can eat slowly.

But soups are no problem.

Man what have i done but gee in these 3 days i have lost weight yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

anyone have answers

I will be banded May 16, so I am sorry I don't have the experience, but look at it this way. Every time you get a fill, your stomach is a new size if you will. Digestion is tricky enough and now you have adjusted it again. I long for that restriction. YOu are learning again on what to eat, how to eat it and obviouly how fast to eat it. Supplement for a while with soup and "easily" digested foods. and by all means, call Dr. Miranda. She will give you the best, most straight forward advice.

So how is the weight loss going? Let me know your details per fill, etc.

good luck,

reneej

Victoria, when was you last fill, 3 days ago? Tell us your history of fills, how much on the first, second, and now third. What size band do you have. I just had my first fill Saturday and I know how you feel. When I started eating Tuesday (liquids for 3 days - right?) I honestly thought it might be too tight. I ate 1-2 bites of beef strogonoff - and thought I had chewed very well but OMG the pain of it going down. I thought to myself - well I will surely lose weight if I can only eat this amount. Then I began to wonder.....do I have any restriction as far as fullness or only the pain of it going down. So the next day I ate a few more bites of the leftover strogonoff and chewed the heck out of it and it was much better. It all went down very good. I also ate a little bit of chicken - dark meat - which is more moist than white. The first couple of bites did not go down very good. But I chewed better and they went down good. Now I have just eaten 1.5waffles (I used to eat 3) and I am definately stuffed. I know a lot of people have a really tough time with bread so I let the syrup really soak into it and chewed very well and it all went down fine.

So I have figured out this is something I am going to have to get used to. Healthcare professional most often call a fill an adjustment - and that is just what it is. It is an adjustment that is made to your band but most importantly an adjustment you have to make. You have to figure out how much to chew, what foods you can and cannot eat. Oh - for example, yesterday morning I fixed myself a 1-egg omlet with cheese only. OMH it would not go down. No matter how much I chewed - well it did eventually go down but with much pain. So I will not eat eggs anymore. At least not in that form. I don't know if it is the rubbery texture of an omlet or what. But that is an adjustment I will have to make. I may try eggs again one day but not in the near future. So anyway, I look forward to you responding about your fill history and I hope this helps a little.

hey 2fat4me...you were banded with me on April 7 silly girl! Our first fill is May 16 :wacko: Anyway, Victoria...good luck I hope you find some answers...let us know!

hI THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, WELL I HAD 10.3 ML WHICH IS THE SAME AS UR CC THAT WAS MY 3RD FILL I WAS VOMITING FOR THE FIRST FEW DAYS, NOW I HAVE LEARNED TO LISEN TO MY BAND IF IT DOENT LIKE SOMETHING U WILL FEEL SICK

i HAVE SOUPS NOW ALOT AND CHICKEN AND SALAD IM OK WITH THAT SO FAR FOR THIS FILL BUT STILL EATING REALLY SO AND A FEW BITS AT A TIME BUT IM GETTING HUNGRY MORE OFTEN NOW WITH LITTLE BITES, I THINK I WILL NEED TO GET USED TO IT.

SO WHENS YOUR BIG DAY? DONT BE NERVOUS U WONT EVEN BE HUNGRY AFTER YOU OF ITS GREAT.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON :mellow:

hI THANK YOU FOR WRITING, WELL YES I HAD MY FILL ITS 5 DAYS NOW I HAD 10.3ML IN TOTAL NOW IN MY BAND WHICH IS THE SAME AS UR CC.

I HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO UR BAND AS IT TELLS U WHAT IT LIKE AND DOSENT LIKE, SO I EAT MAINLY SOUPS AND SALAD AND SOME CHICKEN BUT SLOWLY.

i STILL FIND IT TIME CONSUMING, AND I GET HUNGRY MORE OFTEN NOW AS I EAT SO LITTLE WHICH ANOYES ME, BUT ANYWAYS I WILL GET USED TO IT.

MY WEIGHT WAS 134 AT MY OP AND I AM 126KG NOW TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS IS 8KGS IN 3 MONTHS WHICH IS OK I GUESS, BUT I WAS EXPECTING MORE. wELL SEE IM DUE FOR MY NEXTED FILL IN 4 WEEKS TIME.

hOW MUCH YOU LOST? AND ARE YOU HAPPY ?

HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON.