pre-op diet/colonix/detox

here we go...

surgery is may 23 and just started the pre-op diet to lose 11lbs off my 220lbs frame. my friend suggests having a detox, great... I've lived in the bathroom since i've started. I hope it'a really taking care of detoxifying my body, rather than flushing away my electrolytes. Thank GOD it's only a 10 day program! Anyone went through a similar way to "quick lose" those lbs to be ready for the big day?

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

thanks for you all out there willingly sharing your expertise with such enthusiasm. hope to have the same success ans help anyone in my position some day.

I hope you're are getting the vitamins you need...... you don't want to make yourself sick and\or weak before surgery. Take care!! I weighed 214lbs at the start and weighed 208lbs on my surgery day and Dr. Miranda was happy with that. I called her a few days into my preop diet and told her that I was getting light headed and she had me cut out my morning shake and replace it with an egg and toast. I felt much better then. Best wishes, Darlene

Wow.. if your friends talked you into this, what would your enemies do? (just kidding on that... well intentioned friends.)

I did that once, and I would never try it again. You might want to ask Dr. Miranda about this. Are you still doing the diet that she told you to? Definitely email her.