How much weight have you all lost since your first fill?

Fatcat

Hello to all you ladies (and men) who have had your first fill.

Is your weight loss a good amount; is it better than before the fill? Has your appetite decreased and has the amount of food you can eat at one time decreased? Please give those of us who have yet to have our first fill, some information and all the advise you can.

Thanks so much,

Helen

Absolutely!! When I got my fill on Saturday, May 3rd, I weighed 200 - by Monday I was 199. I weighed again on Friday and was 197. So as you can see my fill is working. Not only that - I do have a lot of restriction. Friday I made myself a lean cuisine for lunch and could only eat 1/3 of it and I was full. I won't re-weigh until Wednesday but I will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

In one week post-first fill, I've lost 5 pounds. I don't eat as much, nor as often. I went to OCC for my first fill - and I'm glad I did. I was able to see that the band and port were both intact, my esophogus and pouch were fine - all the things I worry about! So I'm doing well, and actually down another 2 this morning! I should say though, I don't count my losses until they stay there for 2 days in a row. Weird I know, but I'm so used to going up and down, up and down - I've just set my rule of thumb to count the loss on the third day.

I just wanted to give an update....today is 3 weeks - post fill and I have lost 8lbs. Thats a little over 2lbs per week - WORKS FOR ME!!

My first fill (after having my baby) was 5 weeks ago and I have lost 12 pounds, I eat 2 small meals daily (slimfast in a.m.) with a popsicle or something yummy every day. I am happy! I agree about waiting to officially "count" your weight til you see it a couple times. I bought a new scale and it seems to not fluctuate as much- that can be really discouraging. Appetite definitely way less than before.

• 5 weeks later...
Absolutely!! When I got my fill on Saturday, May 3rd, I weighed 200 - by Monday I was 199. I weighed again on Friday and was 197. So as you can see my fill is working. Not only that - I do have a lot of restriction. Friday I made myself a lean cuisine for lunch and could only eat 1/3 of it and I was full. I won't re-weigh until Wednesday but I will keep you posted.

Hi Ladies, When you say you couldn't eat anymore...do you mean you feel full or you get that feeling that something is stuck? Can you give me an idea of what and how much you eat in a day? I was banded 3 months ago but in spite of having had 3 fills already I don't feel much restriction. A couple times I took too big a bite or didn't chew enough and got that stuck feeling but other than that I wouldn't ever know anything was done.

Hi Ladies, When you say you couldn't eat anymore...do you mean you feel full or you get that feeling that something is stuck? Can you give me an idea of what and how much you eat in a day? I was banded 3 months ago but in spite of having had 3 fills already I don't feel much restriction. A couple times I took too big a bite or didn't chew enough and got that stuck feeling but other than that I wouldn't ever know anything was done.

Well both, actually. If I eat too fast or take big bites the food gets stuck. Because of the pain (from the food getting stuck) I stop eating. After a few minutes...I realize I am full. Which is something I always had a problem with pre-band. I would eat until I was full!! Not wait like they tell you to allow your brain to catch up with your belly. But anyway.....just an update. My weight loss has slowed down but I have lost 15lbs since my fill (May 3rd). That's about 2lbs per week. I am going to be on vaca for about a week and will not be able to weigh until next Monday. If I have not lost 2 more lbs by then I think I am going to have my 2nd fill in mid-July. If I continue to lose 2 lbs per week I will hold off. But I will let you guys know!