I can't seem to lose any weight???

Hello All I just needed to vent!!

And hope that someone else can relate??

I was at 255 when I had my baby 2yrs ago. I was at 211 when I had surgery. I am stuck around 200 and can't seem to get under it. I'm exercising like quite a bit, and really trying to watch my diet. I've not been perfect, but a million times better than before. I have had 2 fills and just booked my 3rd.

So with that said I went to the Dr. Today and complained about my hip, (I fell off my dirt bike a while ago) he said it was my weight.. I cried the whole way home!! I feel like I have make a huge huge huge effort to get this weight off and I'm not getting anywhere!!!

If anyone can relate, please let me know how they over came getting stuck!!!

Donna

Donna,

I am still pre-op so I haven't "been there." But, I have hit a plateau and know how frustrating it can be to feel like you are giving it all and your body is not giving it back! 13 days and down just 7 pounds -- most in the first few days --- where I've been averaging 800 calories, high protein, low fat, plenty of veggies. At times I do wonder why am I putting myself through this. I've ordered an exercise bike that will get here tomorrow... if that doesn't move pounds then I have to wonder if I'll be immune to the lap band. Anyway -- point is, vent away! Sometimes you just gotta let out the frustration so you can find the willpower to start again tomorrow, remembering that this is a long process that will be worth the hard work and long wait.

Let me say CONGRATULATIONS! You are 55 pounds lighter than you were in the past. Do you realize how much weight that is??? That is more than 25% of your current weight! Imagine going to the grocery store and putting a 50 lb. bag of dog food on your back and walking around like that all day. You've done a great job!

You are doing the right things and heading in the right direction. Keep your chin up!

Tanya

Hello All I just needed to vent!!

And hope that someone else can relate??

I was at 255 when I had my baby 2yrs ago. I was at 211 when I had surgery. I am stuck around 200 and can't seem to get under it. I'm exercising like quite a bit, and really trying to watch my diet. I've not been perfect, but a million times better than before. I have had 2 fills and just booked my 3rd.

So with that said I went to the Dr. Today and complained about my hip, (I fell off my dirt bike a while ago) he said it was my weight.. I cried the whole way home!! I feel like I have make a huge huge huge effort to get this weight off and I'm not getting anywhere!!!

If anyone can relate, please let me know how they over came getting stuck!!!

Donna

Hi Donna!

i would say that there are a couple of things for you to look at. One of them is how many calories are you having on a daily basis. Also you should look at what kinds of food you are taking. you might be eating too many carbs or sugar type items. I have been there, and once i increase the amount of calories and pay more attention to the breads and pastas, i began losing weight again. Hope this helps, Good luck

I am right there with you!!

I was banded a week after you 2/28/08 I was 226 on that day and when I went for my first fill on 4/18 I was 203... It's been almost 4 weeks since my fill and I've only lost 3 lbs so I am hovering around 200 as well!!

The best thing I can suggest is for you to remember how far you have come! Your body will drop the weight when you're ready just keep up the good habits!!

I am right there with you!!

I was banded a week after you 2/28/08 I was 226 on that day and when I went for my first fill on 4/18 I was 203... It's been almost 4 weeks since my fill and I've only lost 3 lbs so I am hovering around 200 as well!!

The best thing I can suggest is for you to remember how far you have come! Your body will drop the weight when you're ready just keep up the good habits!!

Hi Michelle,

Do you find you can eat everything, all the time? I am having big problems, when I can eat, I eat alot. However, most of the time I take a few bites and can't eat anymore or I will get sick and PB. I'm about ready to just have a protein drink at least once a day and maybe just try and eat once a day. Also, when I eat I sometimes get abdominal pain and actually got checked for gall bladder disease last week. I don't think this is normal restriction, not sure what the problem is.

Thank you girls,

You guys helped chear me up!!! I ate low carb for a week and a half and all I got was constipated!! I'm still watching my carbs, but I have been cheating the last few days. I'm just praying this next fill works!!! I'll work on keeping focused on what I'm eating.... thanks again!!!

Donna

:cheerleader: I applaud you for the weight you have already lost. :cheerleader: Since your insensitive doctor failed to notice that, remind him next time and see if he turns red with embarassment. If he doesn't, sweetly tell him that he needs to be more informed over his patients' progress and tell him that it was insensitive of him to slap you with that when you are obviously making the effort already.

Sorry about your bad experiance with your Doc and don't let it get you down!! Please see another Doc about your hip, if you injured it in a dirt bike accident, I have my doubts that your weight is causing your pain. That Doc is an idiot! Like the other girls said,.. you have lost ALOT of weight!!! Be proud and try to be patient, you'll get there!! Best wishes!! Darlene

I have been to Docs that have told me that my sinus infection was caused by my weight, as well as anything else I went in there for!!! Docs can be very cruel and insensitive (my experience). You have lost a lot of weight already and keep that in your mind. See another Doc about the hip problem, that is real and most likely from your bike accident. Weight is an easy excuse for any doctor to use when they don't know what is causing something. Keep on trying and hopefully the third fill will do something to kickstart losing again. My second fill did that, for a short time and then I got on the scale this morning and gained 3 pounds....I am doing everything right.....hopefully just water, but will check it again in a few days. Hang in there and I hope your hip starts feeling better.

Thank you girls,

You guys helped chear me up!!! I ate low carb for a week and a half and all I got was constipated!! I'm still watching my carbs, but I have been cheating the last few days. I'm just praying this next fill works!!! I'll work on keeping focused on what I'm eating.... thanks again!!!

Donna

Hi Donna,

I haven't been banded yet (going on Thursday) but I have a very close friend who has and she has mentioned to me several times that if she cuts her intake too much she stops losing. I don't know if anyone else out there has had this happen but I'm throwing it out there for what it's worth. I think it has something to do with the metabolism slowing down from starvation. Hope that is of some use to you.

Cheryl

I hadn't checked this post in a while, Thanks for all the encouragement!!!! I Have another fill scheduled, but not really sure if that's my problem. If I eat like they say, protein, veggies, carbs, I'm ok and full quickly. (My restriction seems to be a bit tighter latley) But I have a killer sweet tooth since I have had this done!!! Anyone else??? I know I need to stop snacking and stop the sweets!!

Donna

I find that I also want sweets, so I go for fruit. I also have been craving milk and strangley enough that also cures the sweet, especially when it is ice cold and fresh. Keep us posted on how things are going. Lora

Hi Donna,

What kinds of meds are you taking? Taking meds can slow up your weight loss. It is not always about food. Some may not have health problems and so the sensitivity to those matter are never address. Blood pressure meds, Diabetic meds and alot of other meds will slow up your weight loss. You said that you hurt yourself.....was that just that day....or did I miss something?

I would suggest that you take your measurements to get your mind off the scale. Sometimes inches are coming off but not the pounds. One last thing what size is your band and what was your last fill amount?

Hope that helps.....keep moving, your going fine!

Monet