FOOD BEFORE SURGERY

Bobby

hI all, my name is bobby, i am getting banded next week tues. may 20th, i am a big chicken because i dont like hopspitals first of all, and second the dr. gave me opti fast protein drinks to bee on until the surgery, i have been on them all week and i am starving i want food!!! did any of you eat real food before the surgery ?? and if so what did you eat ?? i dont want to pig out i just want something to eat, please advise .........

I had my surgery at OCC and the day before my surgery date, I was supposed to fast so they could do pre-op tests. Well, I finally arrived three hours later w/o a drop of water or food since midnight before - Claudia said go eat and do pre-ops the following morning. So I did - I ordered the yummiest bacon avocado cheeseburger and fries, with ice cold coke the night before my surgery. I was absolutely fine the next day.

I wouldn't recommend what I did - I would eat light - nothing too heavy. It will help your recovery to be faster.

hI all, my name is bobby, i am getting banded next week tues. may 20th, i am a big chicken because i dont like hopspitals first of all, and second the dr. gave me opti fast protein drinks to bee on until the surgery, i have been on them all week and i am starving i want food!!! did any of you eat real food before the surgery ?? and if so what did you eat ?? i dont want to pig out i just want something to eat, please advise .........

My pre-op diet consists of optifast shakes and non-starch veggies, such as peppers, lettuce, cucumber, cabbage...anything grown above ground...munch all you want.

Good luck!! Cathy