stretching pouch

Does anyone know if you can stretch your pouch out on the post-op liquid diet? Sometimes I drink or eat and then feel really full about five minutes afterwards. I hope I am not drinking too much. I seem to have very little restriction on liquid.

So i had the lapband procedure 2 weeks ago.The first week i did clear liquids faithfully,after about 6 or 7 days i moved to protein shakes for breakfast and blended sopus for lunch and dinner.It was goign really well until recently i am noit getting that full feeling anymore.I am wondering if this means i ahve streched the band or the pouch and that is why i am not getting full anymore.Or is it just because all the swelling is now going away and there is no restriction?I am stressing myself out about this which is probaly stupid of me but i am just wondering if anyone has the answer to the question....Thanks so much!!

So i had the lapband procedure 2 weeks ago.The first week i did clear liquids faithfully,after about 6 or 7 days i moved to protein shakes for breakfast and blended sopus for lunch and dinner.It was goign really well until recently i am noit getting that full feeling anymore.I am wondering if this means i ahve streched the band or the pouch and that is why i am not getting full anymore.Or is it just because all the swelling is now going away and there is no restriction?I am stressing myself out about this which is probaly stupid of me but i am just wondering if anyone has the answer to the question....Thanks so much!!

^THis is perfectly normal. You didn't stretch your pouch. It's like you said, the sweelling has gone down and you have no restriction anymore. Once you go for your first fill, you weill have restriction again. You are in what we call Bandster Hell. The period before the first fill can be agonizing because you have this miracle inside of you to help you lose weight but cannot until 6-8 weeks after the initial surgery. Just continue to follow the rules and make your fill appointment. Mine is scheduled for the 26th and I can't wait!

I'd be interested in hearing an answer on this as well. My first day on creamy soups, I had 1/2 cup of Clam chowder and was VERY uncomfortably full for about two hours. I was worried!

If the clam chowder had pieces in it, that is why you got uncomfortable. Creamy soups mean just cream, no bits or pieces.

Hi there,

I haven't been banded yet, but recall reading here on the forum and in my post-op diet hand-outs, that you should sip a teaspoon of drink or soup at a time, slowly and easily and no drinking for 1 hr before eating or 30 minutes afterwards. When you have soup or anything else, eat slow and stop when you feel any feeling of fullness.

Good luck!

Cathy

^THis is perfectly normal. You didn't stretch your pouch. It's like you said, the sweelling has gone down and you have no restriction anymore. Once you go for your first fill, you weill have restriction again. You are in what we call Bandster Hell. The period before the first fill can be agonizing because you have this miracle inside of you to help you lose weight but cannot until 6-8 weeks after the initial surgery. Just continue to follow the rules and make your fill appointment. Mine is scheduled for the 26th and I can't wait!

Thanks i guess i just worry myself i dont want anything to go wrong you know which in the back of my mind i know it wont!!!!lol.Are you going to TJ to get your fill>