I Finally found a Protein & Energy Drink that I Like

Cindy032969

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pass on some info with my fellow bandsters. I have been struggling trying to get my necessary protein needed for my diet since I have had the band May 2005. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem that I do, but I've been trying everything out there in the vitamin stores. Nothing seems to taste half way decent. Well recently I was at the gym working out & a lady next to me was drinking this ready to drink protein drink called XS. I asked her how it tasted (of course) and how many grams of protein was in it. She said it tasted good & it has 35 grams of protein. I asked where she got it and she gave me the website of where to get it. She also said she would bring me in one the following day to try before I went online to order. The next day I tried it and really was impressed with the taste of it. I went online that night and ordered some along with some energy drinks that the same company sells. I received them quickly and tried the energy drinks that has zero carbs & sugar and loved the taste of them as well. I know how frustating it can be when trying new drink supplements, I have a huge cupboard of things I tried once after buying & never used them again. Here is the website if anyone is interested: http://cneedhamer.qhealthzone.com/

Take Care Everyone!

Have 60 lbs to go!

Cindy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pass on some info with my fellow bandsters. I have been struggling trying to get my necessary protein needed for my diet since I have had the band May 2005. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same problem that I do, but I've been trying everything out there in the vitamin stores. Nothing seems to taste half way decent. Well recently I was at the gym working out & a lady next to me was drinking this ready to drink protein drink called XS. I asked her how it tasted (of course) and how many grams of protein was in it. She said it tasted good & it has 35 grams of protein. I asked where she got it and she gave me the website of where to get it. She also said she would bring me in one the following day to try before I went online to order. The next day I tried it and really was impressed with the taste of it. I went online that night and ordered some along with some energy drinks that the same company sells. I received them quickly and tried the energy drinks that has zero carbs & sugar and loved the taste of them as well. I know how frustating it can be when trying new drink supplements, I have a huge cupboard of things I tried once after buying & never used them again. Here is the website if anyone is interested: http://cneedhamer.qhealthzone.com/

Take Care Everyone!

Have 60 lbs to go!

Cindy

Hi Cindy- I was wondering what kind of progress you have had. I am going in for my band on September 22nd with a friend and I am so anxious about this. I have approximately 140#'s to loose and one of the things my doctors have told me is that I don't eat enough protein. How are those supplements working out for you? Have you seen an increase in your weight loss since taking them? How much weight did you have to loose to begin with?

Hi Everyone,

Take Care Everyone!

Have 60 lbs to go!

Cindy

Stupid milk protein. So hard to find good stuff without some form of milk in it!!!

The Opti Fast ready to drink shakes would work, but they are SOOOOO expensive!

I am glad that you found something though. I am already starting my collection of "tried once" protein powders. UGH.

I have another protien drink for you to try. It is made by Jay Robb and is called Jay Robb's Egg White protien powder. It has 24 grams of protien per with no fat or carbs. It mixes great with crystal light.

Cutie- Where can you get Jay Robb's product. Is it available on line or in health food stores? How about the taste?

I have another protien drink for you to try. It is made by Jay Robb and is called Jay Robb's Egg White protien powder. It has 24 grams of protien per with no fat or carbs. It mixes great with crystal light.

Is there any milk or milk protein in it?

I purchase it at the health food store. If you have a Whole Foods or Henrys Market either one will have it.

Littleroo, there is no milk protien in it the protien is derived from egg whites. You shouldn't have a problem with it.

SWEET!!!!! *glomps you*

Hi Cindy- I was wondering what kind of progress you have had. I am going in for my band on September 22nd with a friend and I am so anxious about this. I have approximately 140#'s to loose and one of the things my doctors have told me is that I don't eat enough protein. How are those supplements working out for you? Have you seen an increase in your weight loss since taking them? How much weight did you have to loose to begin with?

Hi Jenny,

I started out at 265lbs and have lost 80lbs so far. It has been a great all around experience for me. In the beginning I was frustrated with not losing weight quickly, but as time went on I was feeling better and started seeing results in my clothes. The protein supplements have helped me tremendously. As I was starting to workout slowly I needed a boost of energy to help get me going more. One big thing that I liked about these were the taste OF COURSE!! Not only are the high in protein & give you energy yet they taste good. Hang in there!! Once you recover at surgery you are definantely going to see a difference in your eating habits. Feel free to call me if you ever need to talk or have any questions.

Cindy

Hi everyone,

I like EAS protein shakes but the packets not the premixed drinks (ugh).

I also like herbalife cookies and cream but it is mixed with milk.

I bought this book called the wrinkle cleanse and am going off dairy and doing almond milk mixed with one scoop of the herbalife, some fresh berries and ice and that's been my favorite breakfast for weeks now. I've also really cleaned up my diet and making fresh soups (bought the jack lalaine juicer) and eating tons of fresh veges, salads and feel terrific - also losing weight which is added bonus.

Cindy,

I think I am somewhat confused about the diet. I thought that after we went through our liquid diet, we were supposed to stay on regular foods and not depend on liquid protein. Are we permitted to eat liquid protein?

Sheila

From what I've heard, that is true, but I think some people have trouble getting enough protein in their regular diet or are too restricted in the morning. My nutritionist said I should use the shakes as a supplement after banding to make sure I got enough protein in my diet. But you would use it either as a small snack or maybe breakfast, not so much with a regular meal.

Yes you are right about eating solids - the band does not restrict liquids (although you can't gulp down liquids or thick liquids can get stuck and come right up if guzzled/spooned in too fast). So, I do try to eat a 'regular' breakfast but it doesn't always work - the band is a bit fickle and some morings i am tighter than others. If a make an egg with a piece or two of turkey sausage, and it feels hard, i immediately stop and put it away for later - or, if i plan on a shake which i'm into right now - i won't eat for at least 4-5 hours and no snacking - you are primarily eating solids so you can feel full longer, etc. so i don't let my head interefere with my feelings of hunger -

yes after banding, you are recommended to eat three SoLid meals a day but sometimes you will have to vary that for taste, restriction, convenience, etc.

And hey i love soup now so if pureed vege soup, i'll cut up tomatoes, onions, maybe some other veges and cheese or beans (for protein) , put them on top like a garnish and therre's my solids - be ceative.