Hot weather test failed. :(

Hi all,

Just thought I would post about my everchanging body which right now is not the greatest feeling. We have had a mini heat wave the last several days and I thought for sure my lymphedema swelling would behave since losing 90lbs. Well, I stay away from the scale now because my swelling came back pretty bad in my legs, feet and ankles when it started getting really hot. :(

I am so bummed because my shoes are tight and my legs hurt some. Dr. Ortiz and I agreed that my swelling would go away when I dropped a bunch of weight. Well, it did until it got hot again. Wednesday is my 1 year bandiversary and I am happy as to how much I lost so far, but right now, not so much.

I have been thinking if I got a 3rd fill soon, if that would help, but I still have restriction but not so much as I should. I have been drinking alot of water and fluids and trying to watch my salt intake as well. Hmmm...not sure what else to do.

Also, I wanted to ask anyone who takes a vitamin everday(like chewable and inexpensive), if it is helping with their hair growth and strength as mine is so thin on top and frizzy. LOL

Take care all,

Judy

Congrats on the wonderful weight loss, I know what a commitment that takes. I too have swelling in my leg dirong hot weather. It is very frustrating to know that you are doing everthing right and the scale shows added pounds. I have found that elevation and cool showers or soakings help some. Those support stockings help but in hot weather who wants to wear them? Hang in there, and losing that much weight must have helped if this is the first time it has happened in a while, right? I take nutilite vitamins. They are available on my websight. They are wonderful. If you have a questions let me know. Keep up the good work.

Caroline

Wow congrats on your 1 year anniversary and your amazing weight loss!!!

I will be banded on June 10th and I was hoping the swelling in my left leg would go away too once I dropped some weight. But I figured it out, it may not be my weight at all...it was the humidity. When it's hot and humid here in Canada, my left calf and foot swells right up. When I was in the Dominican in January of this year, it was hot, hot, hot, but no humidity and I didn't swell at all!!

Continue to drink lots of water and reduce your salt intake and if worst comes to worst contact your doctor for water pills...I had to go on them one summer, they were a bit getting used to because you are peeing non-stop for the first few days, but eventually things even out.

Good luck and keep up the great weight loss!

Cathy

I have not had my band done yet, however I do hair for a living. I suggest biotin for eveyone going thru rapid weight loss, cancer, or anything else tramatic on your body. It is very good. Of course you want your daily vitiamins. When your calorie count changes like this it is very important you get all the protien you need and use the vitamins and of course the biotin. Keep using them because if your not careful you can have major hair loss. One of my best clients had the bypsass which is much more severe and almost always those clients have hair loss. She did not have alot to begin with so I was pleasantly surprised to see that now she appears to have more than before using this regidmend. Bypass patients almost always lose hair so I know this will help. I have my bottels waiting for me for after the band. I want to lose weight not hair. Best wishes , Dawn