Who has been banded by Dr. Martinez?

I am new to this message board. This is my first time posting but I have been lurking for a looooooooooooong time :P

I am doing my research and getting ready to schedule my appointment in June. I have been talking to Carolyn about the dates and things and she said she had an opening with Dr. Martinez and I wanted to know who all has had surgery with him and how was your experience?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Dr. Martinez was scheduled to do my surgery because Dr. Ortiz was out of town. However the morning of my surgery Dr. Ortiz showed up at the OCC so they did all the surgeries together. However, I was totally comfortable with Dr. Martinez. He answered all my questions and put me completely at ease!! Go ahead and schedule with him, you'll do fine!

Dr. Martinez was scheduled to do my surgery because Dr. Ortiz was out of town. However the morning of my surgery Dr. Ortiz showed up at the OCC so they did all the surgeries together. However, I was totally comfortable with Dr. Martinez. He answered all my questions and put me completely at ease!! Go ahead and schedule with him, you'll do fine!

Yep, doinfi9 is absolutely right !!!

I posted my answer on the General Discussion as well ....

:lb5:

Dr. Martinez is great !!! when I scheduled my surgery, Carolyn told me also that Dr. Ortiz would not be on duty, but after reading on here from people who got banded by him and hearing all the great experiences with OCC I felt comfortable.

I would absolutely trust him as much as I trust Dr. Oritz.

Have to say, that Dr. O surprised all of us by being in the office at the date of our surgery ... but for me it did not make a difference.

Either way you are in great hands !!!!

:lb11:

Yep, doinfi9 is absolutely right !!!

I posted my answer on the General Discussion as well ....

:lb5:

Dr. Martinez is great !!! when I scheduled my surgery, Carolyn told me also that Dr. Ortiz would not be on duty, but after reading on here from people who got banded by him and hearing all the great experiences with OCC I felt comfortable.

I would absolutely trust him as much as I trust Dr. Oritz.

Have to say, that Dr. O surprised all of us by being in the office at the date of our surgery ... but for me it did not make a difference.

Either way you are in great hands !!!!

:lb11:

Thank you guys for your responses... I think I will feel very comfortable with Dr. Martinez.

Hey Lilygirl

I am schedualed for banding on the 27th of June with Dr. Martinez as well. I was a little worried about banding with Dr. Martinez as well. Where are you traveling from? I am from Oregon.

Generally Dr Martinez and Dr Ortiz work together in the operating room. There are probably a lot of us who were banded by Dr Martinez and don't even know it! I wouldn't be at all concerned.