Non-Dairy Options

Littleroo27

Does anyone have any recomendations for post-op non-dairy options? And I don't mean lactose free, but actually non-dairy.

I bought a soy protein powder and about gagged when I tried it. EWWW. Then this morning I tried a slim-fast shake and was transported back to junior high and why I was never able to STAY on the slim-fast diet, lol.

I have done the opti-free pre-made drinks before (they are dairy free, unlike the powder), but they are $$$ too.

Did you try adding anything to the soy protein shake? its amazing what a little sugar free instant chocolate milk powder will do to a shake, or even just some vanilla and a little sweetener.

I admit I add a wee bit of peanut butter to my shakes when i make them, its barely a teaspoonful, but between that, the vanilla and a little stevia sweetener, they are very manageable.

good luck!

Did you try adding anything to the soy protein shake? its amazing what a little sugar free instant chocolate milk powder will do to a shake, or even just some vanilla and a little sweetener.

I admit I add a wee bit of peanut butter to my shakes when i make them, its barely a teaspoonful, but between that, the vanilla and a little stevia sweetener, they are very manageable.

good luck!

The problem is that I can't eat anything with fake sugar in it - even Splenda. It can cause severe intestinal cramps in people with IBS. So I will actually have to still have sugar in my diet post-op, no sugar free jello for me!

Actually, come to that, I'm not supposed to have gelatine either!

I did try blending it with a banana and some crushed ice, and it seemed like all I got was... I don't even KNOW, but even after blending it in my smoothy blender for ever it was still chunky and was sort of like swallowing silty sand. Except it tasted worse.

Maybe I can try adding a teaspoon of sugar to the Slim-Fast one and see if that helps... At least it wouldn't have powdery grossness in it, lol. EWWWW.

• 2 weeks later...