1st PBing episode....I'm not gonna do that again!

Oh MY....Since being banded 1 month ago today, I have considered myself one of the lucky ones who haven't had any PBing episodes...either that or they really didn't put the band in because I feel no restriction.

Well I guess I was just a little too cocky, because I got an eye opener today. I made a huge crock pot of BBQ spare ribs last night. They were just sitting there, marinating in the sauce when I decided I needed to have a piece. Unfortunately, they weren't the ones I usually buy and boy were they dry PLUS I guess I took too big of a piece. I almost thought I was having a heart attack from the pain in my chest. And the sliming. WOW, that really sucks for any of you who have had multiple episodes of PBing. After a few minutes, I got a repeat performance of what I had put in my mouth and yup, it was a big piece.

It's a scary feeling to have that much pain and not know what to do. I thought sipping a little water might help push it through, but that just made it worse. What was I thinking?

Well, I guess the bottom line is...yeah, I really do have a band around my stomach. No more second guessing. Experience can be an excellent teacher....and hurt like hell too.

Yes that is a very painful experience. My first episode was when I drank the milk that was left in my cereal bowl after eating the cereal. I guess the cereal was going down and therefore the milk could not - so I had a repeat performance of milk - and believe me it was really, really painful!!!!

I did the same thing with chicken.... I never did it again!! OMG did it hurt!! my mouth watered like crazy and my chest and collar bone area hurt so bad I thought I was having a heart attack or something. Took a few minutes [seemed like forever] to pass. It was totally my fault, I was eating too fast. Lesson learned... :lb12:

I am with you at this point thinking maybe there is no band at all. I don't want a PB but I felt full with liquids the first 8 days or so and now it is like nothing.

It's amazing, my friend and I were banded on the same day. What she eats in one meal would fit in my palm, mean while, I could eat double what she eats and just barely feel full.

3 more weeks until that first fill. Between now and then I will learn to eat with a baby spoon and fork. LOL..I would not wish that pain on my worst enemy!

Barb

It's amazing, my friend and I were banded on the same day. What she eats in one meal would fit in my palm, mean while, I could eat double what she eats and just barely feel full.

3 more weeks until that first fill. Between now and then I will learn to eat with a baby spoon and fork. LOL..I would not wish that pain on my worst enemy!

Barb

Strange how everybody is different, eh? I switched to a salad fork -- I'm working my way to baby spoon and fork -- hehe